Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2024, 03:41 AM   #91
Halcyon
Loki
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,591
And many companies set every new PO they offer at "will be released at end of 2024".

and have to order within a month.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 12:56 AM   #92
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,790
Price is a little high, but ECC needs to slow down. 3 months in a row of pre orders and this is supposed to ship by the end of the year? I like all 3 of these releases, but being so close together, I had to choose only one.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 04:55 AM   #93
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
E.T. MAQUETTE PRESENTED BY ELITE CREATURE COLLECTIBLES
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER


Elite Creature Collectibles is releasing an E.T. scaled maquette in collaboration with Cinemaquette as the newest addition to our 1/3 scale museum-style collection.

Specifications:
  • Approximately 23.3 inches in height
  • Approximately 14.6 inches in width
  • Approximately 7.5 inches in depth
  • Cast in high-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect
  • Glass eyes
  • Themed LED light-up index finger
  • Chest with heartbeat light-up effect
  • Attractive themed display base
  • Each Certificate of Authenticity is signed by sculptor Steve Wang

ESTIMATED SHIPPING: Q4 2024
Limited in production to 299 pieces worldwide
PRE-ORDER PRICE: $1,500.00
Item #18690

Pre-Order Available Until August 15th, 2024
I thought these sold out ages ago?
Is this a re_release or a different version?

EDIT:
Looking at the base, the black cube, looks different to the other release (which looked better).
Shouldn't this have a separate thread?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 12:48 PM   #94
Forps is back
Hellboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Posts: 814
No way this sells >50 pieces!

It is a puny statue, the sculpt is nothing special, the license is an old one with limited fanbase, the PO price is crazy.

ECC is on a downward path. The moment ECC got full Dino-cr.p, it was obvious that the downfall was near.

1500 bucks for this? Steve has lost his mind (i blame George for this, instructing Steve to go full Dino cr.p)

This is a FAIL for the ages. The mediocre sculpt, the puny size, the crazy price, everything.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 01:04 PM   #95
qz33
Mandarin
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,708
I don't think ECC Dinos have anything to do with this E.T. expect possibly enabling the license since Spielberg's Amblin being the licensor for both this and Jurassic Park.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 01:36 PM   #96
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Hard to justify this when over a third of the statue's mass is a cube.
I would guess that the base makes up about 1/4 of the statue's total height.



They should have made the base look the same as the 1/1 version.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
No way this sells >50 pieces!

It is a puny statue, the sculpt is nothing special, the license is an old one with limited fanbase, the PO price is crazy.

ECC is on a downward path. The moment ECC got full Dino-cr.p, it was obvious that the downfall was near.

1500 bucks for this? Steve has lost his mind (i blame George for this, instructing Steve to go full Dino cr.p)

This is a FAIL for the ages. The mediocre sculpt, the puny size, the crazy price, everything.
It's E.T. it will sell out. All 1/1 pieces sold out.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 01:53 PM   #97
Forps is back
Hellboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I don't think ECC Dinos have anything to do with this E.T. expect possibly enabling the license since Spielberg's Amblin being the licensor for both this and Jurassic Park.
Well, you got it wrong. ECC Dinos and ECC going full Dino cr.p was the start of the downward path. Probably George (Toynami) saw some success from early Dino pieces and along with Steve decided that ECC should go full Dino.

All last non-Dino pieces by ECC are FAILS.

Check the Hellboy 1/3, AN ABOMINATION or this puny statue, this unispired sculpt, @ the insane price of 1500 bucks.

ECC was one of my 4 beloved companies. Nowadays, i'm on the verge of HATING ECC and what it offers. Her Dino cr.p are better suited for a paleontological museum while her non-Dino pieces are RUSHED and ABOMINATIONS (the last 2 pieces, Hellboy 1/3 or this one seem more like HCG than ECC's ones).

ECC has lost her soul. Going full Dino was the worst decision ANY STATUE COMPANY ever made apart maybe from Sideshow not entering the 1/3 scale earlier.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 03:02 PM   #98
qz33
Mandarin
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 16,708
I am not fond of the Hellboy 1/3 either especially the pose.

The 1:1 E.T. was universally praised at Monsterpalooza and looks to have turned out quite well.

I understand you are upset but not sure had ECC not contracted with Amblin for JP that this E.T. would have been any better or even possible at all.
ECC was kinda languishing in a lull, not producing much at all before they dealt with JP.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 03:47 PM   #99
cocomonk22
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Isla Nublar
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I thought these sold out ages ago?
Is this a re_release or a different version?

EDIT:
Looking at the base, the black cube, looks different to the other release (which looked better).
Shouldn't this have a separate thread?
There are two ET products if you go to Cinemaquette's site:
E.T. Life-size Statue
E.T. Maquette

The thread title matches the latter. However, the earlier posts were for the life-size statue, so likely this thread was named incorrectly originally since it was started before we had more information.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 04:12 PM   #100
ukshaun
Hercules
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 14,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
There are two ET products if you go to Cinemaquette's site:
E.T. Life-size Statue
E.T. Maquette

The thread title matches the latter. However, the earlier posts were for the life-size statue, so likely this thread was named incorrectly originally since it was started before we had more information.
I see..
Also, for some reason, i cannot access the Cinemaquette's site ?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com