Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2020, 12:51 AM   #3471
pau123
Sailor Moon

Yup... you could pick up like 7 SS xmen for 1 Storm.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:01 AM   #3472
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The XM statue is actually a collectible with the edition size less than 450. Nobody will be able to claim that when Sideshow creates 3500 of their Storm statue.

That Hawkman piece is stunning. I love it and think Archangel, or even Angel, would look majestic posed like that.
I'm sorry but that mindset is awful, Demona. Whether a piece has an ES of 300 or 3mil if people enjoy making a collection of it it is a collectible.

Comics, Cards, Stamps, Coins, Etc. All Collectibles and all have high runs.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #3473
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If you’re talking about XM Storm then yes. Last going rate for her was 4K I heard.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:08 AM   #3474
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

As collectibility goes, future pieces could de-value her especially from the going rate now but it could just as easily increase her value as well especially if the future renditions fail to fill her shoes so-to-speak. And furthermore, She’ll always be collectible now regardless of anything else simply because she is in existence.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:38 AM   #3475
AC_808
Hercules

Whew! XM Storm for $3000 or $3500 ...IMO that's too much. I'd rather wait for another one ...from any studio that will make an exceptional sculpt.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 AM   #3476
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
If you’re talking about XM Storm then yes. Last going rate for her was 4K I heard.
Damn now I'm tempted to sell mine

With an edition size of only 420 I can see her value being high for a long time... Only way I can see her value dropping is if someone comes out with a better looking statue, but I'm not sure how you beat a tornado as a base unless you copy it in some form... I also noticed Dark Phoenix is creeping up in value also...

Of course were collectors so none of that matters, I spit on value and edition sizes (((poohey)))

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:22 AM   #3477
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm sorry but that mindset is awful, Demona. Whether a piece has an ES of 300 or 3mil if people enjoy making a collection of it it is a collectible.

Comics, Cards, Stamps, Coins, Etc. All Collectibles and all have high runs.

Comes down to an individuals' definition of collectible, using the broadest definition you are correct Josh, I can buy all the different brands of toilet paper and call them collectibles (as long as I don't use any of it as it could hurt the resale value)
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:27 AM   #3478
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Comes down to an individuals' definition of collectible, using the broadest definition you are correct Josh, I can buy all the different brands of toilet paper and call them collectibles (as long as I don't use any of it as it could hurt the resale value)
I'm just saying that things with High ES or even no ES can be collected and saying something isn't an "Actual" collectible just sounds elitiest. Value-wise of course, things that are more limited tend to be more sought after and therefore command a larger price tag.

Fact is I have comics with larger print runs than some of these statues, and that are worth far more than most of them...course I wouldn't sell my comics though, they're my babies.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:11 AM   #3479
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm just saying that things with High ES or even no ES can be collected and saying something isn't an "Actual" collectible just sounds elitiest. Value-wise of course, things that are more limited tend to be more sought after and therefore command a larger price tag.

Fact is I have comics with larger print runs than some of these statues, and that are worth far more than most of them...course I wouldn't sell my comics though, they're my babies.
People should just say "at least the XM is a better investment". We all know that's what is meant. I'm with you that hearing "collectible" is a bit grating.

Just admit it's about resale value. There's nothing wrong with being worried about after market value. I used to give people crap about that, but I've changed my stance seeing as how there's so much product being made now and it's all really expensive. I don't care simply because I was lucky to get most of my collection when PFs were $300, but if I were starting now or buying as much as I used to, ES would be a factor in my decisions. It's too hard to ignore.

If Sideshow does put out a really nice Storm, more than a few people will cash out their XM to buy the SS piece and pocket a giant chunk of change. A lot of what's driving the price is a lack of alternatives. The PF Sideshow did years ago doesn't hold up very well.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:01 AM   #3480
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not sure how you beat a tornado as a base unless you copy it in some form
*Iron Studios looks around sheepishly*

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote