Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #3371
Y3E
Gen 13

Competition is good for the consumer. It forces companies to do better.

Anyways, I think it is one of the best Wolverind pose. Love the EX head.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:36 PM   #3372
Y3E
Gen 13

Competition is good for the consumer. It forces companies to do better.

Anyways, I think it is one of the best Wolverind pose. Love the EX head.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #3373
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyMidget View Post
I think the Iron Studios 1/4 scale stuff is licensed through sideshow, so you generally can only get it through sideshow's distribution channels? Might not technically be a monopoly, but definitely an exclusive license that cuts out any competition locally (or limits it due to cost restrictions). Good for sideshow, but not sure there's much benefit for us as consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Iron Studios were sell Marvel pieces before their statues were distributed by SS. I really wanted their first Cap statue but could only get it through a 3rd party
Exactly.

Iron Studios has their own Marvel license, had it before they dealt with SS at all, but they have distribution through sideshow. SS definitely brings more recognition to these smaller companies by distributing their products. Win win for companies and SS.

This was a big deal when IS’s first comic based 1/4 piece, Spider-Man, came out. Because IS couldn’t sell to the US people were ordering it through a private distributor. Before it started shipping, IS and SS came to their distribution deal and SS started offering it on their site for US customers.

I do think since IS has the distribution deal with SS that SS is the reason why IS only does one 1/4 comic statue per year, it’s probably in their agreement that IS can’t do more than one, but I don’t know.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #3374
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Question

Have there been reported problems with the exclusive head not fitting in securely and wobbling? My regular head fits fine and secured but the exclusive moves and the magnet doesn’t seem as strong. I feel like the head could fall right off. Anyone else have this problem?
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:26 AM   #3375
pdenham
Teen Titans

I believe I read similar reports like that earlier in this thread MASTERSAFRA. Didn't seem widespread, but I don't think it's a problem unique to yours.

I never even tired out my EX head as I'm sure I'll never display him like that.

Looking forward to putting this out again, but I want to rotate through a few other things I haven't seen in a while first.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:26 AM   #3376
pdenham
Teen Titans

any way we can sublet these double posts with paid advertising. I promise I'd cut the forum in for a percentage
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #3377
Mister H
Gen 13

What are the chances of a brown suit version of this? There seemed to be an easter egg in a video or something if I remember right.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:29 AM   #3378
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
What are the chances of a brown suit version of this? There seemed to be an easter egg in a video or something if I remember right.
I'm hoping for a classic or Astonishing variant of the Cyclops PF instead. There's already 1/4 brown Wolverine statues released. We need a damn classic or Astonishing Cyclops already.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #3379
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Hey all, I'm a new statue collector and I've really been eyeing this one, it'll be my first Wolverine statue for the X-Men line I'm collecting. I know some people has had QC issues in the past but this one looks like a complete home run from the videos' I have seen.

Any comments from those who have it in hand? Any QC issues to be aware of? I know, seeing it in person is such a different experience than seeing it on a video or in pictures (I figured that out very fast, first hand when I started collecting lol).
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #3380
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Hey all, I'm a new statue collector and I've really been eyeing this one, it'll be my first Wolverine statue for the X-Men line I'm collecting. I know some people has had QC issues in the past but this one looks like a complete home run from the videos' I have seen.

Any comments from those who have it in hand? Any QC issues to be aware of? I know, seeing it in person is such a different experience than seeing it on a video or in pictures (I figured that out very fast, first hand when I started collecting lol).
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote