Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #1391
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So after being told via chat that the stock wasn't in for my final payment to process and this be shipped, I got a confirmation email this morning that this has indeed shipped lol. Finally will have this Friday, as long as UPS sticks to their delivery time for once.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #1392
Infinite GLORY

Unfortunately some bad luck with this. It was supposed to be delivered Friday 8/7, even though when I checked tracking for UPS it said it departed Cerritos, CA on 8/4, and had no other updates. I am in NY. Well, statue never came Friday, tracking even today still shows it was supposed to be delivered Friday, and still has no updates since departing Cerritos, CA on 8/4.

I had to start a chat with SS and see if they can start a trace on the package.

Seems crazy to think, since 1/4 statue boxes are HUGE, and I assume Sabretooth is no different, that there should be NO WAY this could get lost, but has anyone actually had a 1/4 statue somehow get "lost" and never received it? Did SS send a replacement? This is the EX version so now I'm a bit nervous they would make me wait a while longer till next shipment comes in.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #1393
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I would relax. I know your probably anxious to get it but it’s not unheard of for packages to miss scans along the way. If it only shipped out Aug 4 then it’s only had 3 days in transit from ca to ny. If it passes 7 business days with no scans then maybe you could start a trace. However right now it’s a bit premature. Just be patient.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #1394
Infinite GLORY

I did get my Sabretooth yesterday. Finally. He's awesome. Surprisingly lighter than I thought he would be.

Question tho, has anyone received this or any other statue where one of the heads (the CE normal head) has a piece of masking tape on the head with a number written in red marker on it? The head itself was wrapped in the normal plastic and looked new like everything else, but I've never seen this so far in my statue purchasing adventures. I had to peel the masking tape off the head which worried me a bit. I wonder if this was a prototype head or something? Also too, the number written in red on the tape was not the number of my statue on the base/box.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #1395
Infinite GLORY

This is what I mean...

Old 08-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #1396
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
This is what I mean...

No idea what this means. I've never received a piece like this before. But I think as long as the piece is mint then I wouldn't mind.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1397
FJC
Midnighter

I have no idea what the sticker means but, if the portrait looks good, just peel the tape off and enjoy.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #1398
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
This is what I mean...

Likely just something from QC, does it happen to match the number on your sabertooth? Usually companies will use easy to remove tape when they are doing QC to mark certain places that need work or to keep them all organized, just to make sure they don't miss a piece from someones box. This looks like the latter.

I suspect this one just got left on by accident. Gently take it off and all is good.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #1399
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Likely just something from QC, does it happen to match the number on your sabertooth? Usually companies will use easy to remove tape when they are doing QC to mark certain places that need work or to keep them all organized, just to make sure they don't miss a piece from someones box. This looks like the latter.

I suspect this one just got left on by accident. Gently take it off and all is good.
It doesn't match. I have statue #415. And yea the portrait itself looks good. Just is strange I wonder how it got through the QC process like this.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #1400
srttoz
Mephisto

Maybe they number each head as they paint them so they know how many heads they have and just forgot to remove the sticker. Honestly if it looks good, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote