Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #21
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Ryan,

I'm trying to persuade Daniel to release more comics creator guest info for the Supanova June shows prior to April. We'll see.... Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
gah, you guys are killing me with all your guest talk... are they going to announce June guests before or after April tour?
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #22
Peasant
A day without sunshine is like... night.

hhhmmmm….well….I still stand by OCC at this stage. Not saying that Supanova is terrible or anything. But I guess we'll see who else they announce. Only time will tell. At the end of the day, I'm sure we're all in agreement that we're just wanting great guests here in Australia no matter what con it is. History has shown us that OCC has had the best track record IMHO. They haven't announced any major international guests from what I can see…but only time will tell.
With the partnership…I think it's only going to make it stronger…oh hell, even if it's a "transitional take-over"…it's still going to make it stronger! I mean seriously….ReedPOP = NYCC, PAX, C2E2, STGCC… 'nuff said...
Peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #23
Royd
Producer
Producer

You know, sometimes the negativity can become somewhat tiresome. Yes, guests cancel and cancellations are not unique to Supanova *shrug*

I was talking about the comics creator guests and trying to put forward a reasoned point of view that Supanova is trying to accommodate comics and comic art fans with the range, number and quality of the comics creator guests.

In addition, Supanova's comics creator guest line-ups (and probably those of OzCC) have been pretty stable with very few cancellations that I can think of. I'll just keep trying to do the best (including arranging commissions for fans/friends of which I have done more than a few) I can and ignore the negative stuff.

Last edited by Royd; 02-10-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #24
Royd
Producer
Producer

True...time will tell and I'm confident (assuming everything works out of course) that you'll be impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant View Post
hhhmmmm….well….I still stand by OCC at this stage. Not saying that Supanova is terrible or anything. But I guess we'll see who else they announce. Only time will tell. At the end of the day, I'm sure we're all in agreement that we're just wanting great guests here in Australia no matter what con it is. History has shown us that OCC has had the best track record IMHO. They haven't announced any major international guests from what I can see…but only time will tell.
With the partnership…I think it's only going to make it stronger…oh hell, even if it's a "transitional take-over"…it's still going to make it stronger! I mean seriously….ReedPOP = NYCC, PAX, C2E2, STGCC… 'nuff said...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #25
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
You know, sometimes the negativity can become somewhat tiresome. Yes, guests cancel and cancellations are not unique to Supanova *shrug*
Very true. At Armageddon 2012, 1 of the 5 Babylon 5-related guests ended up coming, either due to cancellations or other issues.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #26
Peasant

Quote:
You know, sometimes the negativity can become somewhat tiresome.
I absolutely agree with you! It gets a bit much! I guess at the end of the day, hater's gonna hate right? But ah well. I guess I'll always be honest and say what my thoughts are. And again, I reiterate, I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us! Esp with the limited amount of artists we have compared to the US.
It's never good to always try and deviate from the topic I guess? I assume this thread is supposed to be about the merger with ReedPOP and OCC..which is awesome. So lets stick with…it's a great merger, bigger con means bigger guests. We'll leave the Supanova topics on the Supanova thread, which i'm looking forward to as well!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
Peasant

OH…and in addition…
C'mon OCC! Announce something already!! ARGH!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #28
Royd
Producer
Producer

Well, I think it was relevant to the topic but we both commented on Supanova as well as others

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you! It gets a bit much! I guess at the end of the day, hater's gonna hate right? But ah well. I guess I'll always be honest and say what my thoughts are. And again, I reiterate, I personally want ALL cons to be awesome for us! Esp with the limited amount of artists we have compared to the US.
It's never good to always try and deviate from the topic I guess? I assume this thread is supposed to be about the merger with ReedPOP and OCC..which is awesome. So lets stick with…it's a great merger, bigger con means bigger guests. We'll leave the Supanova topics on the Supanova thread, which i'm looking forward to as well!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #29
Woody

Quote:
OH…and in addition…
C'mon OCC! Announce something already!! ARGH!
Yeah, like any prominent international comics guest for Adelaide would be a good start. Brad Walker still not listed on the site anywhere, month and a half to go.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #30
Woody

Quote:
I'll just keep trying to do the best (including arranging commissions for fans/friends of which I have done more than a few) I can and ignore the negative stuff.
Please do Royd, we love ya for it! Just thinking about the Supanova guests in the last 12 months alone:

Dave Gibbons
Leinil Yu
Mark Brooks
George Perez
Terry Dodson
Alex Saviuk
Joe Jusko
John Higgins

and others, I personally think there's no comparison that can be made (yet).
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote