Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #131
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Of course you try and fail to turn it around on me like a child and just ignore the original points.
Im not ignoring anything. Stop trolling and let people talk.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #132
oddlysober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
I have the 1:1 bust on order too and really hope it looks awesome. I am willing to pay more for better quality. I got the breakout rex regardless of all the issues and really hoped it would be better in person. After looking at it for a few months on display just couldn't accept the paint job, but love the pose. I am paying someone $500 to repaint it. So basically it will be a $1000 piece not including shipping and customs fees. Don't want to have to go this route in the future though so if a piece is not to my standard from the factory I will most likely pass going forward.
That's just painful to hear dude. I feel Chronicle should give you a $500 line of credit for your troubles.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #133
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Im not ignoring anything. Stop trolling and let people talk.
Then the point flew a mile over your head, which I guess is obvious when you call other people trolls. You began this, instead of letting others have their say and openly discuss in multiple threads, now when you are questioned you don't want to talk anymore, classic. You are obviously incapable of defending your own remarks or perhaps even understanding the issue, which either way is sad.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #134
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Then the point flew a mile over your head, which I guess is obvious when you call other people trolls. You began this, instead of letting others have their say and openly discuss in multiple threads, now when you are questioned you don't want to talk anymore, classic. You are obviously incapable of defending your own remarks or perhaps even understanding the issue, which either way is sad.
Lol thats funny considering i already made and defended my point. Wow you have trouble following. I simply stated that with every product they release, people ----- about it for some stupid reason. Theres a huge difference between not liking something and just being unreasonable, kind of like the people with the Breakout Rex. That was an appalling and unvelievable display and it continues. My saying something about it doesn't make me what you are trying to make me out to be. Stop trying to be the hero in this situation. My point was, again, that if Crash signed off on this representation of HIS work, that should be good enough, but no, people dont like the color. Supposedly it doesnt represent the picture very well. Give me a break. And i know you like to say im brown-nosing, im not, im being fair. Lets try and not have this turn into the BO with overreaction. If you dont like the piece, dont buy it. It's that simple. The end.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #135
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I wasn't talking about just this thread, it has happed in multiple threads(tamaboy311 began in the egg thread is what started I think). People complain about every product ever made, not just CC. They can not like it if they want. A lot of the issues in the BO thread are justified IMO. Crash signing off on these doesn't mean it's perfect, and even if it was some might just not like it for one reason or another and that is ok. I for one will be getting them, but I am not going to fault anyone for passing or try and talk them into it. I will have a hard decision if they do a b&w version however, that might sway me away from the brown ones.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #136
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
That's just painful to hear dude. I feel Chronicle should give you a $500 line of credit for your troubles.
Haha yeah I wish. It would never happen and I wouldn't expect it. I just learned my lesson when it comes to Chronicle. Nobody is forcing me to get it repainted, but the paint job is so far off what it actually should look like its brutal. I have faith that their other pieces will be much better and I think if I leave the rex the way it is it would always look look crap in comparison and I can't accept that as this is the definitive T-Rex piece in my opinion to represent JP1. Even if we just look at the head itself. If we compare the 1:5 female t-rex bust which I have on order and look at the breakout rex it's like wtf happened? The color combinations, details etc are not even close. That's the same look I am after for my breakout and the commissioned paint job is going to get me that look.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #137
Kefka2200

I will say this, i like thos color scheme, but i agree the sketch black and white variant would be awesome!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #138
FROBAY
Phoenix

Anybody get a Chronicle newsletter about these? Seems I didn't get an email this week.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #139
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Up for Pre-order at noon today.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #140
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Up for Pre-order at noon today.
I've been waiting for these. I'll have to find out why I didn't get a newsletter email. I live by those. LOL
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote