Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #81
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Its a good character design.
They've somehow managed to convert possibly the worst superhero costume ever into something decent.
This is why I like this Arkham line so much. The video game Origins and Knight (not Asylum or City) have the best character designs to date. I know that they aren't the 100% iconic look, and I understand that most people won't want this specific version of the character in the future, so these statues will probably lose money and be hard/impossible to resell in the future - but I don't care. They look outstanding in picture, and jaw dropping in person.

This is the version of Robin I WANT on my shelf at this larger scale. The same can be said for their Harley, Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Bane. (Sadly I missed Deathstroke.)

This line is supremely impressive and I'm so happy I decided to get this collection.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #82
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
This is why I like this Arkham line so much. The video game Origins and Knight (not Asylum or City) have the best character designs to date. I know that they aren't the 100% iconic look, and I understand that most people won't want this specific version of the character in the future, so these statues will probably lose money and be hard/impossible to resell in the future - but I don't care. They look outstanding in picture, and jaw dropping in person.

This is the version of Robin I WANT on my shelf at this larger scale. The same can be said for their Harley, Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Bane. (Sadly I missed Deathstroke.)

This line is supremely impressive and I'm so happy I decided to get this collection.
well put, agree with your sentiment. The character designs are awesome and Prime 1 has killed it with the quality sculpts, paint apps, size etc etc etc
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #83
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Its a good character design.
They've somehow managed to convert possibly the worst superhero costume ever into something decent.

Personally I think they should get rid of the cape altogether and just have yellow highlights in the lines of the red armor pieces.
Agree 100% this is the only Robin design I would want in my collection. Mine should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday and I may display him without the cape. Will post pics with and without to compare.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #84
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
You should spend some time styling the capes. They'll look a million times better.

The set looks great.
I'm ok with Batman's cape just falling down (and I don't think I have the space right now to do much more with it). The Robin one I have messed with since and it does look better now. No wires in the middle of the cape, though, so it seems like it has to billow out some.

I really must be out of it today. As I'm verifying everything else fits properly, it finally dawns on me that every friggin' hole in these staffs are a different color. I look on the bottom of the metal rods and guess what? They are color coded. So, not only do they each have different "notches" (even though one of the holes does not look drilled properly so one of the notch slots that is supposed to be there wasn't), but they were color coded. It may not have killed them to actually mention they were color coded on these assembly instructions, but still.... When you're using the right pieces in the right orientation, these will fit without force.

These do look amazing. If I had room for Nightwing/Batgirl, I'd probably pull the trigger. I've currently got Two-Face, Harley, Batman, and Robin, with Scarecrow and the Arkham Origins Joker on order. I'll end up with Catwoman at some point, then I'm out. I really don't know what I'll do with a Hush line.... I'll be in trouble. I'll have to pretty much get rid of everything else I have to make room (and pay for it).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #85
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Thanks BrandonJF,

Sorry to hear about the problems/breakage of the staff. Also for the heads up about it.
Hope you get your replacement soon.
Photos look great.
Love the red combo with the yellow of the cape. That's how I will have him next to bats.

Exclusive or Collectors ? Yours.

Cheers.
I got the EX even though I'll never display that unmasked portrait. It was tough boxing up the "angry" portrait since that one was my favorite... it seemed to pair better next to Batman with the more neutral portrait, though. I'll have to break it out at some point.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #86
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I really don't know what I'll do with a Hush line.... I'll be in trouble. I'll have to pretty much get rid of everything else I have to make room (and pay for it).
I wouldn't worry about that. The design/production/ship times are so long that it'll be 2 years before anything Hush related actually reaches your door.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #87
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents on this since I recently received it. A great statue design although not as complex a piece as the Arkham Knight or AK Bats. Highlights are definitely the head sculpt (I have the EX) and paint apps. Low sides would be the cape (which has a metal pin covered by a rubber tube going in a hole above the chest) and the Bo staff (which takes some work to make it align straight and can be confusing on which piece goes where). Overall, if your a Batman AND Robin fan they look great together. If your a Robin fan a no brainer buy it. In my opinion, with not so strong a following for this statue or maybe Robin in general you may not see many Robins in 1/3 scale. It also adds some color standing next to Bats. By next year your only option may be at the mercy of an ebay seller. Who knows! Good luck!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #88
aa909
The Green Hornet

The statue is excellent, and the only representation of Robin I've liked to date.

A few pics:

The cape can be shaped to get a nice effect

The details on the head sculpts are excellent. The buzzed hair has a lot of texture as well

and the red on the armor is a deep blood red color. Contrasts nicely with the yellow under the cape

the minor details on the suit are impressive. They've used a dark olive green to pay tribute to the classic red, green, yellow comic robin suit

You can see the chain mail under the armor around the boots, arms and torso... another nice detail
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #89
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Wow very impressive. I wasn't planning on getting Robin but it's very tempting!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #90
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I get mine tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote