Old 01-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #161
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Waiting for updates!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #162
Joel
The Herculoids

I honestly can’t understand why people aren’t losing their minds over both of these peices. I’m not a huge Superman fan and never remotely thought I’d want a statue of him... but this... is incredible

https://youtu.be/gXeFertxNtI
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #163
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Honestly, Prime 1 just comes out with stuff with little to no fanfare sometimes and the pieces end up looking phenomenal. Remember that life size Independence Day Alien bust that got released recently and the in-hand pictures looking fantastic? Also recently with stuff like the 1/4 scale Superman, Green Lantern, and Spider-Man 2099. Most didn't even realize they were shipping until the notice came in to expect them in the warehouse from Sideshow in 14 days and here they are in collectors' hands. They look absolutely fantastic too!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #164
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I honestly can’t understand why people aren’t losing their minds over both of these peices. I’m not a huge Superman fan and never remotely thought I’d want a statue of him... but this... is incredible

I’m not a fan of this Superman. Nothing stands out to me about this statue. I think Sideshow’s new Superman is the Superman to buy. As for Batman, I think it’s overrated. I feel like people are just buying it because it’s Lee’s Batman and they have been waiting for this for so long. I think he has a huge beak and certain angles are worse than others. I’m also not a fan of the pose. I think it could have been translated better. I prefer the new 52 Prime 1 Batman.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #165
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:

I think they're epic statues for sure.....but my wallets tapped out lol. I really think we're at the point where there's almost too many great pieces coming out at a record pace and maybe there's not as many new collectors entering the market as the companies expected? If I was wealthy I could probably think of over 50 pieces I'd want to fight over my money and I think that's the problem with so many companies having the same licenses and doing the same characters. I'm sure a lot of people that were going to go for this Superman and Batman are now going to go for SS's instead. It's also a big jump to go 1/3 with the extra space they take up.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #166
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I think they're epic statues for sure.....but my wallets tapped out lol. I really think we're at the point where there's almost too many great pieces coming out at a record pace and maybe there's not as many new collectors entering the market as the companies expected? If I was wealthy I could probably think of over 50 pieces I'd want to fight over my money and I think that's the problem with so many companies having the same licenses and doing the same characters. I'm sure a lot of people that were going to go for this Superman and Batman are now going to go for SS's instead. It's also a big jump to go 1/3 with the extra space they take up.
Yea, and when you factor in the price difference between the 2 statues, which could be around $400, Prime 1 might have a hard time selling all of the Superman statues. I wonder if Prime 1 will rush the Superman statue for P.O. before the S.S. one is released ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #167
Nebulhym
The X-Men

This is a must buy! I am comparing it to Iron Studios one and trying to love that one, but to me, the prime 1 version wins.

Can't wait for the preorder!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #168
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:

Thanks for the vid I think out of the three shown I’m definitely buying doomsday And bats that’ll do it as far as dc until a 1/3 comic bane I really want to get this supes only tweet I do have is the head I know people think the bigger the body the bigger the head it’s just not true muscles get bigger normal craniums don’t (unless steroid use is involved) but his head doesnt seen to be in proportion
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 AM   #169
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Ugh... updates please! Anything? I kept myself on the fence today with the 1:3 Justice League Superman in the hopes that this will come sooner than later.

Someone throw me a bone here
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #170
slynger
Hellboy

With the recent SS sellout of their allotment of the EX, I think this piece is going to go quick when it does hit PO.

I'm hoping we see it by the end of Feb. Either way, I'm ready for this one!
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote