Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-22-2018, 03:48 AM   #2221
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Your right that doesn't look like Conan at All.Who is he?
The likeness isn't the issue IMO. It's the paint job on the war paint version. It's essentially a black and white statue. It's certainly not accurate to the movie. The sculpt itself looks amazing but the paint apps are off.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #2222
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I initially thought that people complaining about the inaccurate paint job on Conan war paint version were being little b%#~ches. Them I saw the side by side movie/statue pictures posted a few posts behind and I can't believe how bad they messed up. I only have the beach version on order, but I would be bothered if I had ordered both.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 PM   #2223
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
I initially thought that people complaining about the inaccurate paint job on Conan war paint version were being little b%#~ches. Them I saw the side by side movie/statue pictures posted a few posts behind and I can't believe how bad they messed up. I only have the beach version on order, but I would be bothered if I had ordered both.
I’ve brought this up as well, and although I’m not bothered with it, the question I ask myself is “WHY THE HELL DID ARNOLD APPROVE THIS”.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:16 AM   #2224
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
I’ve brought this up as well, and although I’m not bothered with it, the question I ask myself is “WHY THE HELL DID ARNOLD APPROVE THIS”.
MONEY!!!
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:11 AM   #2225
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't think Arnold would even remember how the warpaint looked lol i don't think he's approving things like that and i doubt he's even shown anything like a sculpt until way later on or even at all.

All he is approving is that a company can use his likeness for a statue....

Have you seen things that have his likeness? he doesn't care and never has so i don't think he's gonna care that the war paint on a statue is incorrect.....

The skin tone being pale is the same as when it went up for PO, i don't think anyone had complaints at the time about that.

Sucks the paints on the body weren't addressed but i imagine with them being sculpted in it was too much hassle to change and i honestly don't think a lot of people will mind so much once it's in hand....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #2226
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hey Arnold here is a bag of money,
Approved!!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #2227
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post

Guilty as charged. The Sideshow paint job had bothered me since '08 but I never mentioned it because I wasn't on the forums then and it was already done and in collectors hands. But I really felt I could get PCS to fix this one before it went to the factory.

You are right, a few people jumped my ass right away, but right is right and you can't really argue with the facts.

Fair weather Conan fans are now saying it is fine or even looks better with the wrong pattern. I say try that on Darth Maul, or Mike Tyson or any other characters with defining patterns and see if people accept it for "good enough because they will not.
So why is Conan any different?
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #2228
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I don't think Arnold would even remember how the warpaint looked lol i don't think he's approving things like that and i doubt he's even shown anything like a sculpt until way later on or even at all.

All he is approving is that a company can use his likeness for a statue....

Have you seen things that have his likeness? he doesn't care and never has so i don't think he's gonna care that the war paint on a statue is incorrect.....

The skin tone being pale is the same as when it went up for PO, i don't think anyone had complaints at the time about that.

Sucks the paints on the body weren't addressed but i imagine with them being sculpted in it was too much hassle to change and i honestly don't think a lot of people will mind so much once it's in hand....
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #2229
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post

Guilty as charged. The Sideshow paint job had bothered me since '08 but I never mentioned it because I wasn't on the forums then and it was already done and in collectors hands. But I really felt I could get PCS to fix this one before it went to the factory.

You are right, a few people jumped my ass right away, but right is right and you can't really argue with the facts.

Fair weather Conan fans are now saying it is fine or even looks better with the wrong pattern. I say try that on Darth Maul, or Mike Tyson or any other characters with defining patterns and see if people accept it for "good enough because they will not.
So why is Conan any different?
Actually, since you mention Darth Maul; The Darth Maul Sideshow LSF had black paint surrounding his horns when he was suppose to have red around the horns, then black and that inaccuracy to his movie look was still accepted by collectors as that piece is sold out.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #2230
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Actually, since you mention Darth Maul; The Darth Maul Sideshow LSF had black paint surrounding his horns when he was suppose to have red around the horns, then black and that inaccuracy to his movie look was still accepted by collectors as that piece is sold out.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote