Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #81
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Damn it... I did it again...

Now, i feel guilty for dissing Batman. Our releationship is so complicated... Somedays i'm angry at him... And some days i love him... Batman's not something to take serious for sure though... The thread kind of resurfaced my anger about the gun tolerant Batman... But i shouldn't have said retarded nonsense lol This will cost me, i will guilt buy a Batman statue or something as compansation... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #82
Gothamite
Phoenix

Batman's stance on guns has always been inconsistent. For someone who's against guns, he doesn't seem to have a problem with adding guns, grenades, missiles, etc. to his vehicles.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #83
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have not read this whole post so forgive me if this has been mentioned but I felt betrayed after Crisis on Infinite Earths and the treatment of the Earth-2 characters. I do think that DC's treatment of them at that time and the shabby way they treated Roy Thomas after building up the Earth-2 universe was horrible. The sad thing was that it took DC years to see the error of their ways however right now the JSA are no where to be seen (though I do know that will change).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #84
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Batman's stance on guns has always been inconsistent. For someone who's against guns, he doesn't seem to have a problem with adding guns, grenades, missiles, etc. to his vehicles.
I tried to not to think about it... But it finaly got to me with Blue Bird. Batman is the reason why i don't like guns. He made me don't like guns when i was a kid but he's often written gun tolarent... I haven't seen any guns, grenades, missiles on his car at comics or in Batman TAS... But they do that in Films, WB loves to kiss NRA's ass, i guess... whatever, i have had it... May be i turn my brain off and read Batman in the future, but right now, i really had it with how he tolarets Red Hood, Blue Bird and Batwoman...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #85
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I tried to not to think about it... But it finaly got to me with Blue Bird. Batman is the reason why i don't like guns. He made me don't like guns when i was a kid but he's often written gun tolarent... I haven't seen any guns, grenades, missiles on his car at comics or in Batman TAS... But they do that in Films, WB loves to kiss NRA's ass, i guess... whatever, i have had it... May be i turn my brain off and read Batman in the future, but right now, i really had it with how he tolarets Red Hood, Blue Bird and Batwoman...
Honestly, even though Bats is my favorite fictional character, most of his comics kind of suck. Sure there are the historic, groundbreaking storie like Year One, Killing Joke, DKR, etc., but the “day-to-day, run of the mill” comics are boring. That is why we see so many copies of him: Batgirl, Batwoman (good lord), Azreal, the mute Batgirl, Batwing (good Lordy lord), tons of Robins, etc, etc. He’s been around for more than 75 years now and it’s getting harder to tell a good Batman story without relying on the shock value. I think that I like the idea of Batman more than 90% of his actual comics. Same thing with Captain America. When a good Batman story comes out, I’m excited but I don’t hold my breath for them.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #86
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Honestly, even though Bats is my favorite fictional character, most of his comics kind of suck. Sure there are the historic, groundbreaking storie like Year One, Killing Joke, DKR, etc., but the “day-to-day, run of the mill” comics are boring. That is why we see so many copies of him: Batgirl, Batwoman (good lord), Azreal, the mute Batgirl, Batwing (good Lordy lord), tons of Robins, etc, etc. He’s been around for more than 75 years now and it’s getting harder to tell a good Batman story without relying on the shock value. I think that I like the idea of Batman more than 90% of his actual comics. Same thing with Captain America. When a good Batman story comes out, I’m excited but I don’t hold my breath for them.
I know what you mean, and I wish that DC and Marvel would offer clean reboots every so often (say, every ten to fifteen years) rather than trying to maintain the facade that these characters have continuous continuity. Origins, backstories, and histories become so convoluted that stuff doesn't make sense anymore.

Btw, Batwoman is actually pretty cool.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #87
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I know what you mean, and I wish that DC and Marvel would offer clean reboots every so often (say, every ten to fifteen years) rather than trying to maintain the facade that these characters have continuous continuity. Origins, backstories, and histories become so convoluted that stuff doesn't make sense anymore.

Btw, Batwoman is actually pretty cool.
That's exactly what they should do. Makes too much sense though, oh well...and yeah, I've heard that Batwoman is good. My opinion? If they can write a good female, street level superhero, then they don't NEED to put a Bat-logo on her chest. If that comic is good then it will sell based on her own merit. The "Bat" belongs to Batman. I can understand having Nightwing and Barbara Gordon, but that should be the limit. They've gotten really out of hand with Batwing, a copy of a copy of Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #88
Augen
The Hulk

For me it is hard to say a singular event, but more the treatment of Peter Parker / Spider-Man for about 25 years.

This is my favorite character by far as a kid, I obsessed about him in Larsen, Bagley, McFarlane days buying all the issues I could, then the real problem started.

Marvel didn't know what to do with Peter anymore, so they've tried to destroy him.

1. Clone Saga - Ugh, this mess went on for years and I hated every month of it. The goal was simple, replace Peter with a younger single version of himself named Ben. He looked exactly like Peter and was (for a time) the "real" Peter in the story.

2. Ultimate Spider-Man - The early issues of this helped reignite my love of the character for a time. Then as it went on the decision was made, Peter had to die and be replaced by the "new" SPider-Man, Miles.

3. Superior Spider-Man - Peter has to die in main continuity, so Otto can web sling around for a while.

4. One More Day - This abomination was a massive middle finger for anyone who wanted Peter to move on with his life by erasing his marriage. The whole part that condescended to fans killed the character for me and I stopped buying.

5. The current comics - I admit I sparsely check out a few issues from time to time like recent Spectacular Spider-Man #1. From what I see Peter become Tony Stark Lite for a time and then screwed up. He behaves like an annoying entitled teenager. If they can't replace him, kill him and replace him, control him, or erase him, they'll just ruin him. At this point Spider-Man should be an icon within the Marvel Universe, but they keep dragging him back to high school mentality.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #89
Gothamite
Phoenix

Sounds like Marvel wants Spidey to be a Simpsons character.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #90
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That's exactly what they should do. Makes too much sense though, oh well...and yeah, I've heard that Batwoman is good. My opinion? If they can write a good female, street level superhero, then they don't NEED to put a Bat-logo on her chest. If that comic is good then it will sell based on her own merit. The "Bat" belongs to Batman. I can understand having Nightwing and Barbara Gordon, but that should be the limit. They've gotten really out of hand with Batwing, a copy of a copy of Batman.
It's the one thing I don't like from Detective. There's too many of them.

I don't mind the Robins and Nightwing and Batgirl. I think Orphan,Azrael, Red Hood and Batwoman should have their own books and be at odds with Batman over philosophical differences. And just get rid of the others.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote