Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #2561
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
How are you people justified the price? 550.00 Tops..with shipping 800.00! Are you guys that desperate to get a mag in your collection your going to just except its faults? Not saying its doesn't have its merits..but come on.
Some of us actually like the statue.

I really like just about the whole thing (yes, even the cloth cape) with the exception of the spikes (which I thought looked much better in video, fwiw).
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #2562
Atimantium
Hydra

It seems to be the same guys over and over saying the same things.
I ordered it because I like it.
price is high but the price of all collectibles are high. I don't pre-order every piece that comes out so I budget to buy what I really want. its not that complicated for me. Are there things I would like changed, yes. Will that happen? No. There are things I would change in a lot of statues. Get over it guys. This thing looks great to me and to the people who ordered. you've said your piece and spoken with your wallets. What more do you hope to achieve?
Obviously this has you guys twisted up. so either you genuinely hate it which wouldn't bring you back constantly or you like it but cant afford it.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #2563
WolverineFan
I am da law!

My collection has room for multiple Magnetos. One of my favorite characters. If sideshow releases a new one after this, I will be buying that one most likely as well. I love the base on this statue and have no problem with the spikes or any part of the Sentinel. The part I hate the most is the cloth cape because I generally don’t buy any statues with cloth but when I seen it on sideshow live, it looked pretty good. The statue looks way better on there than in pictures
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #2564
adee
Green Arrow

I want a Jim Lee Magneto that is hovering in the middle of a light up magnetic globe that can either be displayed on a pedestal or hung from the ceiling.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #2565
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
How are you people justified the price? 550.00 Tops..with shipping 800.00! Are you guys that desperate to get a mag in your collection your going to just except its faults? Not saying its doesn't have its merits..but come on.
Well i’m not happy that its 750$ but I think mr jones worded it perfectly in saying : “I believe SS can charge whatever the hell they want for whatever statue they make. I believe in capitalism and the market will decide if they are making the right choice or not”.

I wouldn’t have paid 400$ for the previous magneto they debut at SDCC, but this reworked version i really like, except for the spike, which may look better in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
price is high but the price of all collectibles are high. I don't pre-order every piece that comes out so I budget to buy what I really want. its not that complicated for me. Are there things I would like changed, yes. Will that happen? No. There are things I would change in a lot of statues. Get over it guys. This thing looks great to me and to the people who ordered. you've said your piece and spoken with your wallets. What more do you hope to achieve?
Obviously this has you guys twisted up. so either you genuinely hate it which wouldn't bring you back constantly or you like it but cant afford it.
Same. There are few statues i'm 100% satisfied with.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #2566
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
It's super adorable when people like you automatically resort to the "you can't afford it," comments.

News flash, there is a world of difference between "I can't afford it," and "it's not worth that much to me." Please try and school yourself a little bit before making ignorant comments.

That being said, since some people are hyper-sensitive to anything negative said about their precious statue, I will refrain from posting anymore in this thread. Best of luck, hope you get a good one!

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #2567
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's super adorable when people like you automatically resort to the "you can't afford it," comments.

News flash, there is a world of difference between "I can't afford it," and "it's not worth that much to me." Please try and school yourself a little bit before making ignorant comments.
Keep crying bro. We all like reading your comments page after page.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #2568
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
There is a big difference between affordability and worth. This hobby is getting out of hand with prices. Tech has come a long way since day, 10 years ago. These statues become easier to make, yet the prices fly higher than inflation.
People have a right to complain. Either SS will start giving upfront ES with the current prices or continue to lose sales. I honestly would have ordered 5 more PFs in the last year had the pricing not of been so stupid. Complete randomness. As if they draw from a hat.

There is also zero need to reply to comments or conversations pertaining negatively to a company or piece. In addition to telling us all why we don't like it or why we are voicing our opinions. Is it the insecurity of spending close to a G on a questionably mediocre statue that you may be able to get for a hundred or more less later because of a high ES?
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #2569
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
My collection has room for multiple Magnetos. One of my favorite characters. If sideshow releases a new one after this, I will be buying that one most likely as well. I love the base on this statue and have no problem with the spikes or any part of the Sentinel. The part I hate the most is the cloth cape because I generally don’t buy any statues with cloth but when I seen it on sideshow live, it looked pretty good. The statue looks way better on there than in pictures
There are only about 2-3 characters who i could always make room for, batman, catwoman and redsonja.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #2570
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
There is a big difference between affordability and worth. This hobby is getting out of hand with prices. Tech has come a long way since day, 10 years ago. These statues become easier to make, yet the prices fly higher than inflation.
People have a right to complain. Either SS will start giving upfront ES with the current prices or continue to lose sales. I honestly would have ordered 5 more PFs in the last year had the pricing not of been so stupid. Complete randomness. As if they draw from a hat.

There is also zero need to reply to comments or conversations pertaining negatively to a company or piece. In addition to telling us all why we don't like it or why we are voicing our opinions. Is it the insecurity of spending close to a G on a questionably mediocre statue that you may be able to get for a hundred or more less later because of a high ES?

You know what...you’re right. I’m canceling. SS just called they are gonna listen to you. Thanks for your input. What would the largest statue company in the world do without your point of view? What would we all do?