Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #161
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Well, it's not like they're gonna tell you to sod off.

But yeah, the mere fact that they replied to you (in a nice way, too) is encouraging. Besides, as Guilty said, they're Japanese.
heh
Probably / most likely a standard issue Prime 1 reply. But atleast they reply, and promptly
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #162
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That was a bizarre move by XM Studios. They left out the best portrait? and decided to go with:

1. Bland - this replaced the Hathaway-esque head
2. Mask - ok, but never a fovourite of mine.
3. Better than 1. and 2. complete with make no sense hair-pins?

Wearing a crash helmet would have been better than 1. Bland head.

I had my eye on the Catwoman on motor bike ever since it was announced. If they had of included portrait they decided not to include, i might have pulled my wallet out.

/back on topic
I actually like the unmasked head, as it still has enough character to tell it's Selina (same with Bruce portrait on the Samurai Batman.) I just never keep them on my statues for long, so I would've preferred even something simple like the OG concept art.

Honestly, the more I analyze what I dislike about the final product, the more I realize I wouldn't be that bothered by them in person. I'm just less eager to pull the trigger on a potentially high ES piece with such a steep price tag and space requirement. We'll see. My CW love leads to irrationality.

But, yes, back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Well, it's not like they're gonna tell you to sod off.

But yeah, the mere fact that they replied to you (in a nice way, too) is encouraging. Besides, as Guilty said, they're Japanese.
Yeah, I received a similarly appreciative message when I inquired about the training Wonder Woman's leg positioning (might need to see that thread for the appropriate context there LOL) even though they said "no plans to change anything at this time." I imagine it's about how early in the development cycle you catch them. They were working on three other Gals, so I doubt changes were a priority on the most low-key of the releases. Or maybe my critique was just dumb. IDK.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #163
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I actually like the unmasked head, as it still has enough character to tell it's Selina (same with Bruce portrait on the Samurai Batman.) I just never keep them on my statues for long, so I would've preferred even something simple like the OG concept art.

Honestly, the more I analyze what I dislike about the final product, the more I realize I wouldn't be that bothered by them in person. I'm just less eager to pull the trigger on a potentially high ES piece with such a steep price tag and space requirement. We'll see. My CW love leads to irrationality.

But, yes, back on topic.

Yeah, I received a similarly appreciative message when I inquired about the training Wonder Woman's leg positioning (might need to see that thread for the appropriate context there LOL) even though they said "no plans to change anything at this time." I imagine it's about how early in the development cycle you catch them. They were working on three other Gals, so I doubt changes were a priority on the most low-key of the releases. Or maybe my critique was just dumb. IDK.
I too have a CW irrational love that has led me to having a large number of her statues. The XM one im really struggling to pull the trigger too due to the size/dimensions. Ill probably end up ordering her anyways.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:27 AM   #164
built2shred
Phoenix

Both Hathaway and Bale could be my first Prime 1 1/3 scale statues but I'll have to wait and see the finished portrait for Hathaway.. if they don't nail her likeness really close it will be pass for both..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #165
ukshaun
Hercules

16 days to Wonder Festival 2018 (Feb 18th)
Fingers crossed, Prime 1 show updates on TDR Cat Woman (..and Batman) 1/3
Old 02-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #166
ukshaun
Hercules

I read this today on Facebook
Based on the feedback, we have improved on the head sculpt for the Justice League Batman alternate Exclusive portrait. - prime1studio

So Prime 1 do listen. Maybe there's hope for an improved Cat Woman

..and, 8 days to Wonder Festival 2018 (Feb 18th)
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #167
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Wish I had space for the Catwoman. I do agree the face can use a little adjustment.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:35 AM   #168
ukshaun
Hercules

'Less than 24 hours till the drooling and ecstatic screaming begins. This will be the first wonderfest that I won’t be attending �� but I m looking forward to the coverage by John pham and gang. From what I heard John will be posting photos on p1 official Instagram which we will be sharing here. Will be hard to sleep tonite.

Ps I have no idea what is going to be shown tmr.'
- Kelvin Loke

株式会社プライム1スタジオは、2018年2月18日(日)千葉県・幕張メッセで 開催される「ワンダーフェスティバル2018冬」に出展致します!!

今回の当社企業ブースでは、東京コミコン(2017年12月1日~3日開催)でも、未発表だった新作アイテムを中心に多数展示致します。
コンパクトなスペースに迫力のスタチューたちを凝縮展示。より圧巻のサイズ感をお楽しみ頂けます。ブース番号は 2-15-01 です。ご来場をお待ちしております。

(which translate roughly to)
Prime 1 Studio Inc. will exhibit at "Wonder Festival 2018 Winter" to be held at Makuhari Messe, Chiba prefecture on Sunday, February 18, 2018! !

At our company booth at this time, we will exhibit many of them, mainly at the newly unpublished items, at Tokyo Comic Con (held from 1st to 3rd December 2017).
Exhibit the powerful statuets in a compact space. You can enjoy the more impressive size feeling. The booth number is 2-15-01 . We are waiting for your visit.

I guess unpublished means Cat Woman 1/3 will be on show. But does it mean Cat Woman has been improved in anyway?
Roll on Sunday
Old 02-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #169
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:44 AM   #170
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

bane looks badass.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote