Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Haha

I thought the same thing but right before I clicked realized it was a wish thread.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #22
KELPIE
New Republic

Dinoriders, Bionic Six or Centurions....

More votes for Gobots too. I'd also support Gargoyles, however I'd say they were a 90's show.

Yeah I'd love the Silverhawks to be done as statues and I would buy them, all of them, however for a company that hasn't managed to do any villains for the new TMNT line it would be hard to imagine SS dipping their toe here.

Heck they haven't even tried G1 Transformers.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:12 AM   #23
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I should start a thread about VS Angel statue that ssc should try to acquire the license for.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:36 AM   #24
craigcliff1
Zot

Look at SSC and G I Joes in 2008 I was so excited they started that line, then just 3 dioramas, 2 PF, 2 statues. Not much of a line.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #25
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Look at SSC and G I Joes in 2008 I was so excited they started that line, then just 3 dioramas, 2 PF, 2 statues. Not much of a line.
Really is a joke. So much potential with this line...shame.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #26
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I should start a thread about VS Angel statue that ssc should try to acquire the license for.
I'd get a Victoria's Secret Angel PF
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #27
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
If SS got this line going would people be down? If so who is your favorite? Quicksilver with Tally Hawk is an obvious choice. Bluegrass or Flashback were awesome too.
It'd be the Tigersharks for me. They were my favorites!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:25 AM   #28
craigcliff1
Zot

Shame for those who want this line, but at over $500.00 a pop can't imagine SSC doing these. G.I. Joe, Tf, TC are more popular and HH, PCS. DS, SSC., F4F, Pailsades did the lines and they did just decent. SSC He-Man has done great, but that is rare I.A. TF line is doing nice but with tiny ES. It is a shame that the rise of cost in statues and shipping is making more and more licenses and characters out of reach.

I am just going by how these lines did, and also the fact that they were made when statues cost less than half of what they do today. Paid $150.00 for HH Megatron and OP, Palisades Devastator was $200.00. Now I spend more than that to ship some statues.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:44 AM   #29
80IconStatue
Frackin!

There is so much amazing Silverhawks fan art online- but sadly there is no community for fans. Also I've found that the bulk of Silverhawks fans are in other countries, so there's a language barrier.

It seems like Silverhawks fans are rare birds- and even more rare is finding one with enough social awareness, enthusiasm and desire to share their ideas and opinions in a meaningful way. Sadly from what I've seen from the North American fans- a lot is left to be desired. Most that I've spoken to have been unpleasant with no motivation beyond hoarding as much as they can for themselves, and incapable of opening up to the possibilities of this great old property.

I've been trapped in a toxic circle of selfish, immature, inconsiderate people who represent the worst in collector communities and are so flaky and stereotypical that I stopped trying to engage them in their passion over Silverhawks, M.A.S.K, Bravestarr, and other awesome 80s properties. Its been mind numbing.

Personally, I would buy the whole cast of 80s characters in statue format (its the reason I came here), but I'd like for them to be smaller format statues to conserve space- however realistically (as others have stated) these properties are too small and niche for any company to invest serious time and money into it.

Any chance these characters would have of seeing reality as statues is low, and would have to be done by a very small production studio in limited runs, or someone willing to offer unlicensed products. Haven't the sales and reception of larger more successful brands like Thundercats and TMNT statues been lukewarm? Sadly, I doubt any major company would pick up a license.
80IconStatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:00 AM   #30
Sandman585
Hydra

I’m sure a line like this would never come to fruition but it is fun to reinisce and talk about which characters would make a line like this cool or how it could be done to be successful. That was the whole point of bringing it up and discussing it. Just a little nostalgia.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote