Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #51
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
you are not looking at the right places. I recommend joining the canadian fb group. I can get you a link if interested.
I’m interested too. Please send me a pm. Thanks.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #52
Python
Omega Red

Changed mine back to USD, it was a nice idea that didn't quite work out as hoped sadly...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #53
banner23
Justice League

Have any Canadians who live near the border had there statues shipped to a receiving center in the U.S. ? I live next to Detroit and they have one near the tunnel, I am thinking this might be the best option to save some money.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #54
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Hi All! I wanted to pop in and pass along some additional information in hopes of clearing up any confusion. First and foremost, though, I want to apologize for any frustration and confusion Sideshow's new payment processing that was recently implemented may have caused for our international customers.

We've partnered with GoInterpay, which allows our U.S. based business to charge purchases in customers local currencies. For a majority of our international collectors, this new service will ELIMINATE the average 3% Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, assessed by most credit cards to convert USD. Some of you might not realize you are charged this fee as it is usually done by your credit card company and would only appear on your monthly statement. Now there are some experienced international shoppers that have already figured out other ways to avoid that Foreign Exchange (FX) fee, and for them, we will be providing a way to have their charges all process in USD. This function will be on the website within the next few days (probably the next 24 hours *crossing fingers*). Bottom line…most folks will see a 3% savings shopping with Sideshow.
I have been comparing the Sideshow prices to what I would pay via PayPal & VISA.

Sideshow conversion prices are marginally better.

Example from earlier in the week - the upcoming Predator 1:4 maquette, $1249.99 USD
Via Sideshow = $1,589.49 CAD
Via PayPal or VISA = $1,608.64 CAD
So the Sideshow conversion would save me $19.15 CAD. A tiny saving (about 1.2% - NOT 3%) - but a saving nonetheless.

the XE.com rate came in at $1,557.23 CAD, but you NEVER get the XE rate from PayPal, VISA or ANYONE ELSE - EVERYONE takes a cut.
Even XE won't give the published rate - it's displayed rates are "based on live mid-market rates. These rates are not available to consumer clients".

Long story short - Sideshow have saved us some money here.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #55
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it's not a good thing for ssc to put exchange rate on there product especially if the UsD is so much higher. People will think twice before buying.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #56
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Yea, that would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
I’m interested too. Please send me a pm. Thanks.
it is a "private" group. Just ask to join. lots of good guys and great deals : )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cana...lectorsandbst/
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #57
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

As anyone from Europe ordered Magneto Maquette day1 with the new conversion rate in EUR from Sideshow? I had turned mine back to be charged in USD and i've paid 62,18 EUR / 75 USD for the deposit which means a conversion rate of 0,829 ...it could be great to know what's the more interesting ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #58
Fixedluck
Doh!

At the end of the day this is false advertising.

As of January 15, 2018 all credit card and PayPal transactions are completed in the collector's local currency by default. This will save the majority of international collectors 2-3% by eliminating the Foreign Transaction Fee (FX) assessed by most major credit card companies.

This line is completely false as the only way they can say 2-3% is if they planned on not charging you an exchange fee at all and give you the posted rate, which is clearly not the case. And depending on what credit card people are using could even hurt them more. I get 4% back when I buy in foreign currencies. I really feel that this line should be changed and state what is really happening, and tell us how much there conversion fee is. From so calculations I did on an item just now it appears they are charging 2.9% over the posted rate and if they wanted to be honest with there customers it should say that in the update.

Just to note, I do not expect them to convert for free, I would just like transparency in the post about the change.
Fixedluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #59
ambasah
Red Skull

did everyone else get that email the other day about what a great service SS is doing by allowing us to pay in our country's currency?

I don't understand what they are trying to achieve other than lying to and alienating their customers.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #60
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
did everyone else get that email the other day about what a great service SS is doing by allowing us to pay in our country's currency?

I don't understand what they are trying to achieve other than lying to and alienating their customers.

I hear ya... but at the end of the day, will this impact a single order? Likely not. Perhaps this is a way to pocket the 2-3% conversion fees themselves rather than to hand it over to the credit card companies who are already charging Sideshow a transaction fee. Of course, I'm just speculating.

Right now, the Hulk vs Wolvie statue is priced at $649.99US ($833.22 Cdn, as listed on the SS website). That's a .78 cent dollar. The actual exchange rate is .80 so where are those 2 points going? Who knows? Is it lost when SS converts the Canadian dollar back to US? Probably. If this saves Internationals even 1%, it's worth it. However, it seems like a way to stick it to credit card companies as they appear to be the ones who stand to be most impacted by this change in policy.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote