Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-23-2023, 07:23 PM   #31
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Given PCS track record, I'm assuming this will be on par with Sideshows Ashoka figure with regards to likeness - which, by the way, was very good in my opinion. That would be an acceptable level for a PCS Selene - if they price it right.

I'm not expecting Queen, Infinity or JND levels of hyper realism here....but still excited to see what they do.

I'm still tempted by their Blade piece....
What does PCS have to do with Sideshow Collectibles?
My PCS - Dejah Thoris 1/3 turned out perfect, unlike my Sideshow 1/4 Ashoka
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:46 PM   #32
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My PCS - Dejah Thoris 1/3 turned out perfect, unlike my Sideshow 1/4 Ashoka
Yeah, unless they use the same factory and paint artists it cannot be compared. And of course he leaves out P1/Blitzway^^ I would rather have them doing her than Queen or JND but I don?t wanna start a conversation here again.

What?s wrong with your Ahsoka though, I think she looked great, no wonky eyes or such. Or do you mean that white/blue paint bleed? But all of them have it, don?t they? Still looking forward to mine and as long as the paint on the face and the eyes are flawless I?m cool with it.
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:18 PM   #33
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I like this movie, although it's been years since I watched it, will be interesting to see which way they go with her, but I'm waiting to see if they ever do Salma Hayek in Dusk till Dawn, or Aaliyah in the Queen of the damned, 2 pieces I'd love for there visuals
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:24 PM   #34
KiDDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I like this movie, although it's been years since I watched it, will be interesting to see which way they go with her, but I'm waiting to see if they ever do Salma Hayek in Dusk till Dawn, or Aaliyah in the Queen of the damned, 2 pieces I'd love for there visuals
Oh boy, Santanico Pandemonium Another dream piece for sure!
Old 03-23-2023, 11:52 PM   #35
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I was making a simple comparison between two different companies who (imho) share a similar style approach to statues. I think Sideshow has upped its game in the last few releases......of course, your experiences may differ from that opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDDo View Post
Yeah, unless they use the same factory and paint artists it cannot be compared. And of course he leaves out P1/Blitzway^^ I would rather have them doing her than Queen or JND but I don?t wanna start a conversation here again.
It's simple - I don't rate P1/Blitzway, so why would I mention them? It's hardly a conspiracy, if you prefer P1/Blitzway over Queen or JND, good for you - shout it from the roof tops, but please don't have a breakdown because (#shock#) on the interwebs, some one doesn't agree.

And it's ridiculous to suggest that you can't compare two statues unless unless they're made at the same factory by the same artists - absolutely no statue award, online poll, or bloody discussion on the topic would EVER be held if people considered that to be true......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:45 AM   #36
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Ant just posted, "While I'm at it. More info coming soon."

Super excited to see what they do with her.
HCG did that exact pose. Be interested what PCS does. Could Warrant another buy if they mail the head sculpt.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 06:59 AM   #37
KiDDo

Quote:
I was making a simple comparison between two different companies who (imho) share a similar style approach to statues.
[...]
It's simple - I don't rate P1/Blitzway, so why would I mention them?
[...]
And it's ridiculous to suggest that you can't compare two statues unless unless they're made at the same factory by the same artists - absolutely no statue award, online poll, or bloody discussion on the topic would EVER be held if people considered that to be true......
1) Then you should have chosen your words more wisely because you said you're expecting the level of Ahsoka's likeness because of PCS' track record - that doesn't make sense.

2) It's even more simple: if you're talking hyper-realistic statues and leave out Prime 1 - unless you simply forgot to mention them, but that's obviously NOT the case with you - that's stupid.

3) Again you're missing the point here because this is not about comparing statues from different companies. Heck, you're not even comparing statues; you're comparing a finished product to a phrased announcement. That deserves:
Old 03-24-2023, 12:30 PM   #38
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
1) Then you should have chosen your words more wisely because you said you're expecting the level of Ahsoka's likeness because of PCS' track record - that doesn't make sense.
I chose my words exactly as I intended them to be. What is not to understand? I think PCS style of statues can be likened to Sideshow (opinion) - I think Ahsoka is a very good statue and likeness from Sideshow (opinion) - because PCS has been doing some great work lately, I'm expecting this Selene piece to be, at least, equal quality to what Sideshow achieved with Ahsoka (expectation based on opinion) - is all of that really so hard to understand?

Quote:
2) It's even more simple: if you're talking hyper-realistic statues and leave out Prime 1 - unless you simply forgot to mention them, but that's obviously NOT the case with you - that's stupid.
No....are you an idiot? I left out Prime1 because I detest the companies products, and I personally don't consider the work they do as "hyper real"......why in God's name would I mention a company I do not consider good / hyper real?

Yes, I understand you might like P1 - please feel free to post about how hyper real you think they are. I won't complain, it's your opinion.

But don't expect me to talk about them.....

Quote:
3) Again you're missing the point here because this is not about comparing statues from different companies. Heck, you're not even comparing statues; you're comparing a finished product to a phrased announcement. That deserves:
I honestly don't have any clue what you're writing here, or what your point is. Your statement was clear - I quote:

Quote:
unless they use the same factory and paint artists it cannot be compared
Those are your words - and they make no sense in any context. Almost every statue comparison EVER made, is done so without any knowledge of whether the same production site or painters were used.......

And specifically about the "finished statue vs phased announcement" - again, I was giving my expectations a context by using Sideshows Ahsoka as an example.

what a ridiculous and pointless discussion.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:42 PM   #39
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder which sculptor PCS tasked with the task of Selene?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:22 PM   #40
KiDDo

Quote:
I chose my words exactly as I intended them to be. What is not to understand? I think PCS style of statues can be likened to Sideshow (opinion) - I think Ahsoka is a very good statue and likeness from Sideshow (opinion) - because PCS has been doing some great work lately, I'm expecting this Selene piece to be, at least, equal quality to what Sideshow achieved with Ahsoka (expectation based on opinion) - is all of that really so hard to understand?
Yes, because it's wrong. First of all, "style of statues" has nothing to do with wether they will achieve a good actor's likeness. How can you even expect that? There's no reason for it since you don't know who'll be sculpting and painting, is that really so hard to understand? Maybe they hired KA Kim then this will be better than anything Sideshow/PCS have ever done. But if they hire me it will look more like Ozzy than Kate. Get it now?

Quote:
No....are you an idiot? I left out Prime1 because I detest the companies products, and I personally don't consider the work they do as "hyper real"......why in God's name would I mention a company I do not consider good / hyper real?
Got Tourette? No? then stop calling me an idiot, jackass! The fact alone that you have to call me that speaks volumes of that you don't know how to interact with people and 90% of your post here are BS! Maybe you're the idiot if you don't understand what's obvious. If you "detest" every single of their hundres of products with their wide range of genres and licenses then you are bats! P1/Blitzway have some great actor likenesses so they're hyper-real in that regard. Maybe you connect that expression just to silicone though? But then again, JND uses silicone but fail to get likeness right. So they're just hyper-real in terms of material used.

Quote:
I honestly don't have any clue what you're writing here, or what your point is.
[...]
Those are your words - and they make no sense in any context. Almost every statue comparison EVER made, is done so without any knowledge of whether the same production site or painters were used.......
See atop. They do make sense, not my problem if you don't get it. I never said you can't compare but there's nothing here to compare yet.

Quote:
what a ridiculous and pointless discussion.
True, just like every convo that you are part of!