Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-16-2023, 04:56 PM   #2111
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I thought Dazzler would be a great choice because the art effects would be very striking to show off the format.
Never read Dazzler but always loved the art.
I was pulling your leg a bit, although it's true that it's not exactly a fan-favorite run.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:45 PM   #2112
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I was pulling your leg a bit, although it's true that it's not exactly a fan-favorite run.
Oh I expect it to be hot trash but good looking hot trash.
I mean c'mon that premise has has sustained Image's high success for years!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:49 PM   #2113
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
And, once again, I have the Marvel Masterworks volumes for both. I passed on the Luke Cage Omnibus because the content is the same. Probably will do the same in Iron Fist.
According to the announcement video by Near Mint, the content in the Iron Fist early years omnibus will NOT be the same as the Masterworks. There will be much more included beyond the issues of Marvel Premiere and Iron Fist Vol. 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-yyO5oNyE
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:55 PM   #2114
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I mean c'mon that premise has has sustained Image's high success for years!
Lol. True that.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:04 PM   #2115
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Maybe I'll try the Masterworks for the Dazzler series to see the comparison.

You're a treasure to these boards Shoo!!
Quote:
I thought Dazzler would be a great choice because the art effects would be very striking to show off the format.
Never read Dazzler but always loved the art.
I have the Dazzler books and the Spider-Woman books. They are very nice.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:46 AM   #2116
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
According to the announcement video by Near Mint, the content in the Iron Fist early years omnibus will NOT be the same as the Masterworks. There will be much more included beyond the issues of Marvel Premiere and Iron Fist Vol. 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-yyO5oNyE
Thanks for the tip! Of course, I do have the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, Marvel Team-Up and the other content in other omnibuses and MMWs, but it’d be good to have them all together in one Iron Fist volume. Same as why I’m getting the Warlock Omnibus even though I’ve got those FF and Thor issues in their respective MMWs.

Last edited by wktf; 02-17-2023 at 01:44 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 01:14 PM   #2117
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I have the Dazzler books and the Spider-Woman books. They are very nice.
During my early preteen days of collecting, Dazzler along with 80s Ka-zar were two of my favorites because those were the first titles I liked where I was able to get in on the ground floor and read the entire run. The art by Frank Springer and Vince Colletta gave Dazzler the look of a romance title which was different from other superhero books. I found the women-in-prison issue (#13) at the time to be particularly uh, stimulating.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 10:33 PM   #2118
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Dazzler, Magik, Psylock, Domino... I hear these four X-Men woman character's names alot, but i have never read anything about them ever. I only know the Film version of Domino from Deadpool II. I am not the biggest Marvel reader ofcourse... But i have got crap tone of X-Men Omnibuses lately lol I hope these characters are in some of those omnibuses at least. Each of them have decent amount of devoted fan base, i really wonder what is the deal about them.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 05:06 AM   #2119
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Back to reading some more New X-Men Omnibus. Things started to get on the rail, the three issues long ''Germ Free Generation'' story's phase was alot better which came after The First four issues of the Omnibus and their phases were like on sugar rush though... lol

Phoenix was back ! in the last issue which i read, but i got my share of spoilers of Morrison New X-Men run... I know Jean was a reanimated corpse by Phoenix Force in this run. I thought Johnny Sublime, guy was a mutant admirer at first, i mean there must be some people who admire mutants, even if they are a minorty at the begining... But it seems there is no such thing in X-Men world. Everyone hates mutants in X-Men World and try to hurt them, kill them including Johnny Sublime and his turning humans into mutants by surgery movement. He was another sadistic, maniac, bigot in long line of sadistic, maniac, bigot villains of X-Men history. There are being no mutant admirers in X-Men Comics makes X-Men Comics as not complex enough. If they were in real world, they would be taken under wings of some social justice warrior types of people for sure, especially in time, this support would grow like it has grown for all minorities in real world and mutants would generaly excepted by people. I mean today there are still some small racist groups, but majorty excepts all kinds of minorities in American Soceity and in the World.

The Problem with X-Men, X-men never gets there, they are in a constant arrested development where all the rest of the World hates mutants. There is also this logical gap when you mix X-Men with Marvel Super Heroes, i mean what saparets them in the public eye ? why people hate mutants but they like super heroes like Captain America or Fantastic Four ? both mutants and super heroes have super powers in the end. Why like one and hate other ? it doesn't make sense.
Old 02-22-2023, 05:54 AM   #2120
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

X-Treme X-Men by Claremont Omnibus, vol. 1 Ordered

I wanted something with Psylocke in it, i am curious about the character.