Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #321
Shoo
The Enchantress

We might also get this, but the Penguin Random House link doesn't work any more:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #322
Shoo
The Enchantress

More DC Omni goodness:

Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3
(Yay, this had been cancelled months ago!)

Batman: Detective Comics Omnibus
(Tynion IV's run)

The Phantom Stranger Omnibus

100 Bullets Omnibus, Vol. 1

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:30 PM   #323
Mister H
Green Goblin

Looks promising. Except for Batwoman, that character kinda blows.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #324
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Looks promising. Except for Batwoman, that character kinda blows.
Have you read the initial run? It was quite good, actually. The art was fantastic.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #325
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Have you read the initial run? It was quite good, actually. The art was fantastic.
Haven’t read any modern comics for quite some time now. (DC and Marvel that is) Lost faith in current writers. IMO the “bat family” should consist of Batman and Alfred. Period.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:02 PM   #326
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Haven’t read any modern comics for quite some time now. (DC and Marvel that is) Lost faith in current writers. IMO the “bat family” should consist of Batman and Alfred. Period.
You do the right thing. I don't even know, if i read Batman ever again. I have had enough with its crapiness with snyder's run. I got Tom King but i haven't read them yet... Probably i will never read Batman ever again. I have a understanding of Batman and each coming writter try to change that with their crap really tired me as well.

I don't like all the brats that Batman carries around except Nightwing. I used to be a big Cassandra Cain Batgirl fan... But DC ruined that and i hate DC for that. I don't think, i will read Batman ever again.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #327
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You do the right thing. I don't even know, if i read Batman ever again. I have had enough with its crapiness with snyder's run. I got Tom King but i haven't read them yet... Probably i will never read Batman ever again. I have a understanding of Batman and each coming writter try to change that with their crap really tired me as well.

I don't like all the brats that Batman carries around except Nightwing. I used to be a big Cassandra Cain Batgirl fan... But DC ruined that and i hate DC for that. I don't think, i will read Batman ever again.
Ok, so that Cassandra Cain Batgirl was kind of a BA if I remember right. She started off dressing like a ninja, never spoke and beat the $&@€ out of people. Don’t know what happened to the character but she was actually kind of cool.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #328
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Ok, so that Cassandra Cain Batgirl was kind of a BA if I remember right. She started off dressing like a ninja, never spoke and beat the $&@€ out of people. Don’t know what happened to the character but she was actually kind of cool.
She couldn't speak because her father Cain never thought her how to speak. So she learned to read body language on her own. Like a blind man smells extraordinary kind of way she got really good at body lenguage that she could guess her opponents next move really eccuratly each time. It was like super power. Later on she learned some speaking but even if she couldn't speak very well, you as a reader always in her mind with mind bubles you know, so you have something to read.

I liked the spooky ninja costume as well. Seeing how i lost interest, that was the best thing that i liked about the character probably. DC Direct made a FS statue of Cass Batgirl at least... I have that statue and that's my favorite statue. I love it.

Eh.. what are you gonna do... DC ruined her... DC should just give all the side kicks except Nightwing to Joker to play already
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:47 PM   #329
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
I hesitatingly agree. I used to love Batman & wish he would just solve crimes again in 1 to 3 issue arcs. I'm bone-weary of epics, cross-overs, 10-issue mega-stories, multiple Robins, Joker 4-ever, 1 to 4 Specials a season, 1-shot specials, charater returns, weddings, deaths, updates, the rewriting of history, lost sons, hidden pregnancies, self-doubt, back-stabbing mega-stories, new, yet somehow intrenched ancient cult/gangs, over-sized $12 1-shots, accidental killings, brand-new but oh-so important characters, etc... I used to love the guy, now I just skim his multi-books over on the racks & MOVE ON.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:06 PM   #330
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I hesitatingly agree. I used to love Batman & wish he would just solve crimes again in 1 to 3 issue arcs. I'm bone-weary of epics, cross-overs, 10-issue mega-stories, multiple Robins, Joker 4-ever, 1 to 4 Specials a season, 1-shot specials, charater returns, weddings, deaths, updates, the rewriting of history, lost sons, hidden pregnancies, self-doubt, back-stabbing mega-stories, new, yet somehow intrenched ancient cult/gangs, over-sized $12 1-shots, accidental killings, brand-new but oh-so important characters, etc... I used to love the guy, now I just skim his multi-books over on the racks & MOVE ON.
We’re of one mind in this topic. I can’t even bring myself to pick up a Batman book and flip through it. And he used to be my favorite character.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote