Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #121
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Finally pulled the trigger on this one. I ordered it directly from Prime 1 to the USA, so we will see how much shipping is...
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:08 AM   #122
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Shipping is absolutely crazy... I don’t know how long does it take for a company to adjust to covid... It’s been a year now...

By the way, such a fantastic piece!! Congrats!!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:31 PM   #123
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

I tried checking shipping on the Mosasaur which is huge too, vs the Indominus Rex.

Indominus was :
Quote:
Economy Shipping - $283.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.

Standard Shipping - $457.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.
* Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.
and the Mosasaur is :
Quote:
Economy Shipping - $236.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.

Standard Shipping - $291.00
* Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks once the final payment is paid.
* The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
* In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
* It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.
Definetly a big difference. I'm assuming the Spinosaurus given it's size and base will be closer to the Indominus.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:40 PM   #124
Starscream77
The Spirit

I have a concern when covid goes away that these shipping prices will remain, like the shipping companies will try and pull the "these are the new norm" type thing.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #125
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
I have a concern when covid goes away that these shipping prices will remain, like the shipping companies will try and pull the "these are the new norm" type thing.
Then they need a U.S. supplier than can cut the costs down or just not expect to sell nearly as many I guess.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:21 AM   #126
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
Then they need a U.S. supplier than can cut the costs down or just not expect to sell nearly as many I guess.
Secret Compass [who are in the USA] are an official Prime 1 Studios distributor........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:44 PM   #127
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
Shipping prices are only going to increase as time passes. More people are buying online due to COVID and COVID will never go away as it is airborne. Vaccines don't kill viruses.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #128
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Shipping prices are only going to increase as time passes. More people are buying online due to COVID and COVID will never go away as it is airborne. Vaccines don't kill viruses.
lol covid will go away. will take awhile tho and def not this year.
as for shipping prices thats going to be a huge decider for several companies moving forward and will ultimately decide if a business will survive or not.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 05:15 PM   #129
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Actually the UK Oxford vaccine has shown it can stop transmission, so yes it can be killed.
And it's not airborne unless you sneeze it out over someone. Masks might be a good idea here...

It might not go away completely though, it's most likely to turn into a seaonal virus like the flu is, but after these vaccines have rolled out it won't be anything like it is now.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 01:22 AM   #130
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Secret Compass [who are in the USA] are an official Prime 1 Studios distributor........
right...but they didn't get the triceratops for example.