Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-21-2022, 03:36 PM   #3051
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah snap, plus the $1300 shipping! I was kind of hoping they'd have UK economy by now.

Thanks for bumping the thread with the images, it's easy to forget just how good this thing is!
I locked in shipping included, and SO thankful I did!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:37 PM   #3052
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

Agreed. Raises my blood pressure every time..

For various reasons.

A. Thinking a half-opened mouth is better to include than a closed mouth.

B. I am not a negative person, but we probably need to really brace ourselves for a drastic quality difference than the proto. The more we forget what it?s supposed to look like, the more we can better accept what we actually get

I dont get that mind set

We should get near prototype quality especially for the big price tag

If they cant deliver on what there trying to sell us Wich is the prototype than 1. they need to slow down a bit and focus on a handful of projects instead making 100 Batmans a year so the final product comes out near perfect cause nothing is perfect I understand that but again for the price tag come on they need to deliver atleast 95% close to the prototype

Or 2. Just show us the production piece cause atleast theyll have good faith with the customers by really showing us what were buying cause to take a chance with a protype and the production piece is severely lacking is ridiculous not with the kind prices these things go for

I cant settle for less some people can but I wont that will just make these companies try to take advantage and try to sell us poor work for more money it makes no sense
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #3053
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
just a friendly reminder that we still have this beast on order

Heeeee Shogun
Btw, why do you have the closed mouth in this list. Do you have that one on order too?

I was just thinking about ordering it this weekend, bcs price won't drop (greedy $#%@!).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #3054
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angronsrage1 View Post
I dont get that mind set

If they cant deliver on what there trying to sell us Wich is the prototype than 1. they need to slow down a bit and focus on a handful of projects instead making 100 Batmans a year so the final product comes out near perfect cause nothing is perfect I understand that but again for the price tag come on they need to deliver atleast 95% close to the prototype

Or 2. Just show us the production piece cause atleast theyll have good faith with the customers by really showing us what were buying cause to take a chance with a protype and the production piece is severely lacking is ridiculous not with the kind prices these things go for

I cant settle for less some people can but I wont that will just make these companies try to take advantage and try to sell us poor work for more money it makes no sense
Oh, I meant that we *should* brace ourselves .. not that we need to keep the order if it turns out bad
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #3055
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
I dont get that mind set

Very
But the list of real grails is short. We are always drooling over proto's and hope that more expensive will result in something better but many go by.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:55 PM   #3056
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hopefully, P1 will show the 1/3 City Hunter during the Next Level Showcase 4 this week....
Oh yes, forgot about that. Fingers crossed it will be good design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

Agreed. Raises my blood pressure every time..

For various reasons.

A. Thinking a half-opened mouth is better to include than a closed mouth.
Still think that half-open has some retarded look and I'm going to do something with it. Don't exactly know what, but it aint going on top of my statue!
Old 04-21-2022, 04:05 PM   #3057
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Very
But the list of real grails is short. We are always drooling over proto's and hope that more expensive will result in something better but many go by.
Sadly true that should be the case more money the better quality lol but recently primes 1s been lacking the newest prime 1 peice I got that came out near perfect was bane vs Batman

But I cancelled there 1/3 lobo that thing was a mess and I was gonna get the 1/3 heath joker but the first portrait was horrendous and I saw that the 1/4 jungle hunter had really bad paint jobs there?s a few more I can list but those are the main ones for me so right now My faith in prime 1 is a little shaky

This 1/3 jungle hunter with be the final test lol hope it comes out amazing cause I deffinetly want the 1/3 city hunter
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:23 PM   #3058
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Sadly true that should be the case more money the better quality lol but recently primes 1s been lacking the newest prime 1 peice I got that came out near perfect was bane vs Batman

But I cancelled there 1/3 lobo that thing was a mess and I was gonna get the 1/3 heath joker but the first portrait was horrendous and I saw that the 1/4 jungle hunter had really bad paint jobs there?s a few more I can list but those are the main ones for me so right now My faith in prime 1 is a little shaky

This 1/3 jungle hunter with be the final test lol hope it comes out amazing cause I deffinetly want the 1/3 city hunter
Fully understand. We are in the same boat and I am (and always was) very picky which statues I PO (i dodged a lot of bullits).
But I bought two 1/4 Jungle hunters and City hunters, bcs proto's looked perfect. And these 1/3 predators will probably be my last prime1 orders and when not good enough they really going back this time.
Fingers crossed Prime1 will use top tier factory for these 1/3 Predators and loose busts color will match the statue.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:22 AM   #3059
Dundee
Hydra

I'm in love again after seeing those pics, dammit!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #3060
Python
Omega Red

I just received my 1/3 Big chap. It's in a different league to anything I have in my collection in both terms of quality, but also size. The high quality bodes well for this (Seriously, the Big chap is phenomenal!) But honestly I was surprised by just how huge and heavy it is. Putting it together was actually a nervous experience at times and it won't be being moved without being dismantled and reassembled. Every other statue I have in my collection (Mostly 1/4 Predators etc) Can be relatively easily moved. The Big chap is a beast and this Predator is even bigger and heavier, I think it's going to have to be a case of get a display area set up where you want it and just leave it there. I might actually look for a suitable turntable to leave it on as you won't be easily spinning it etc.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote