Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Will McFarlane Toys be the new publisher of DC Comics ?

It seems everyone is talking about this lately, i see many videos on my youtube that comics or DC Comics youtubers takle the subject.

McFarlane's DC Flash Pagepuncher action figure with a new issue 1 comics of The Flash which is all designed by McFarlane Toys. Is this a new begining for DC ? will they start to rent their characters to other comic book companies to print their books from now on ?

Eveyone knows DC Comics makes no important amount of money for WB. so they might be trying new option like renting DC Characters to comic companies that will know what to do with them ? May be WB will close DC Comics alltogether and just rent the characters in the future.

The current adminitration of the company is pretty crapy right now anyway. They even made Batman bisexual... SJWs totaly took evey corner at DC. As far as i heard evey major character at DC Comics is either gay, lesbian, bisexual or none binary right now. lol I have nothing against gay people,(though, i believe none binaries are weirdos) but SJWs' eveybody at DC is gay and none binary now, get used to it policy is abit too much.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

Both Marvel and DC need to die off. Let some time go by so people forget the stink from the past 10 or so years. Maybe learn something from Dark Horse. If enough people want them to come back then they can come back if not no big loss.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Both Marvel and DC need to die off. Let some time go by so people forget the stink from the past 10 or so years. Maybe learn something from Dark Horse. If enough people want them to come back then they can come back if not no big loss.
So Marvel is in the same boat, huh... DC even made Batman bisexual, man... I have never imagened to see this day. What if Marvel makes Captain America gay or something, now... Even make him marry with Winter Soldier... Oh those SJWs would love a gay marriage between major heroes. You can't say no way, right... The way the things are going... lol
Old 09-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

Their biggest problem(s) is the constant rehashing of old storylines and clobbering people with their own personal politics. No one wants to read that. Comics have always touched on politics but both companies are too heavy handed about it now. Gay heroes aren’t really the problem, bad and lazy writing are the main culprits. I don’t think they should “make” a character gay, bi or whatever. They could create new ones and let the character sink or swim based on the appeal of the writing and attributes of the character. The way all other characters have done. Some folks might say comics aren’t going anywhere and they are right to a degree. Image and Dark Horse and other smaller companies will help keep comics going but DC and Marvel have become useless now as far as creating original content.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Eh, super hero comics has never been going anywhere anyway. It is always stuck into the same status quo. It always comes back to the same status quo, no matter what they do. I don't care about where they will be in ten years anymore because i know they will be at the same point. That is why i don't usually read events, because it is a lie that those events will change any kind of status quo at least permanantly. I only read very few character runs of promising creators and to evalute them on their own without considereing DCU or Marvel Universe because they will be at the same status quo in 100 years as well, there is no such a thing as progress in super hero universes.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #6
qz33
Rescue

Superhero comics/movies are simply pop culture fairy tales.
Something to mostly entertain children and teenagers, and maybe provide a lesson or perspective to people in the early passion of life.

This striving for perpetuity and growth from the same characters is a conundrum only for grown children.
No different than expecting endless stories about Snow White or Sleeping Beauty -maybe a few bright spots but mostly filler.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 02:08 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I disagree. Fairy Tales has a proper end. They don't go on forever, they were written with only one purpose and that is to entertain people, they are not for cash grab. They are not for just small children. Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales are pretty Grim, probably where the name came for all the Grim stories.

Disney milking them is another thing though.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Superheroes are for a wide range of ages from small children to adolescents etc.

The source of Grimm's Fairy Tales were totally for children, totally to keep them in line hence the "lesson". History was not so coddling to children.

Comic stories, runs, etc. all have a proper end they just keep going to something else. There are multiple stopping points.

And the Grimm collections were definitely collected and published to profit themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I disagree. Fairy Tales has a proper end. They don't go on forever, they were written with only one purpose and that is to entertain people, they are not for cash grab. They are not for just small children. Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales are pretty Grim, probably where the name came for all the Grim stories.

Disney milking them is another thing though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:42 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I know that super heroes are for a veriaty of ages...

Yeah, but Grimm Fairy Tales are not for just small children. I read them as a 38 year old as well. And believe me, grimm fairy tales are not appropriate for children by today's standards. There are from rape to extreme gore in Grimm Fairy Tales.

You really missed the point when i said there were no proper end in super hero comics.

I know it is hard for a Capitalist American to understand that not everything done for money, but i will try... Grimm Fairy Tales came out of need to write, tell tales to entertain people. Yeah, they expected to earn some money, if the Fairy tales got popular, but it wasn't the first priorty. If you only think of money, you can't create something timeless.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:15 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

-edit-

written in a moment of inner struggle to tolarate turned into rage burst.... I am not proud of this massage so i erased it.