Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-25-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Batman: Three Jokers

I finally read it, it took this long because i know Geoff Johns hates Batman and whenever he writes Batman, he can't help himself but show Batman as a stupid jerk at some point in his story so i was hasitant to read.

Surprise surprise, there wasn't that stupid jerk moment in Three Jokers and i applaud Geoff Johns for his self control here. It wasn't perfect but it was an entertaining enough Batman story, some coharent use of smaller bat family of Batman, Red Hood and Batgirl (Barbara) There are three gigantic logical gaps in the story;

1- Batman was allowing Jason to use guns and kill people.

2- What the hell is all these Barbara was the only witness and she had to testify to put Jason behind bars and for that she needed to reveal her identity stuff... I mean Batman is the only witness to most of his villains' crimes. When he puts them behind bars or arkham... I have never seen him forced to testify by revealing his identity... It just doesn't make sense, a balistic research by cops and they will find out the bullet came from Jason's gun. Jason belongs behind bars.

3- Batman left one of the Jokers with Jason... Like he just didn't want to get his hands dirty and left the dirty work to Jason. I mean it is a given a murderer like Jason will kill Joker at the first chance... But Geoff didn't explain that later, Geoff Johns points out and explains everything in his stories, there are no ambiguities in his stories, they are easy to understand and simple works so Batman had no such intention, he was just being stupid...

I hated the possiblity of Jason and Barbara having a relationship... Just disgusting. Barbara is Dick's woman. It is not ok for her to be with anyone else, ever.

I give Batman:Three Jokers 7/10... entertaining but not really well thought out story but certainly not the worst work of Geoff Johns, that title belongs to the dumbster fire Doomsday Clock, a total disgrace to Watchmen Comics as a squel.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:45 AM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do have to say that I did enjoy Three Jokers quite a lot. It is a shame that it came out 4 years after the existence of the Three Jokers was revealed in Justice League #50
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:56 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do have to say that I did enjoy Three Jokers quite a lot. It is a shame that it came out 4 years after the existence of the Three Jokers was revealed in Justice League #50
It was entertaining with the spree of mayhem the Three Jokers created. I always enjoy Joker's work as much as Joker. lol He is the best villain ever and it turned out there were three of him in this story and they created thriple times the Havock on people of Gotham. Nice.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote