Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-07-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

JSA: The Golden Age

This 4 issues long mini series written by none other than James Robinson who is the Comic Book Writer who made me like JSA with his Starman run and later on Matt Wagner's Sandman Mystery Theather Comic Book was so good. Both of the characters are two distinguished JSA members, Starman and Sandman.

If i compare JSA: The Golden Age to Starman as two major works of James Robinson. JSA: The Golden Age was abit lack luster compared to Starman but it is certainly a good read. It was mostly about JSA members' personal lives in a downward spiral after JSA disbanded and they all quit being super heroes with the end of WWII. It was abit hard to follow as well with the book jumping from character to character every two or four pages, but it all gathered nicely as all the golden age heroes whose lives, we followed as a reader, doned their costumes and gathered for one last time to fight against evil in a big classic super hero battle.

Howard Chaykin's after word really surprised me when he called The JSA ''Fabulously costumed facists on our side'' I mean i have never read a Goldern Age JSA book, but i heard how some of the Old Disney cartoons had racist stuff in them and all, so some of the Old DC Comics could have racist stuff in them as well. I read some of Geoff Johns's JSA run, The Kingdom Come Superman parts, they were fantastic, really fuelled my enthusiasm for JSA. I wish i could say the same for David S. Goyer and James Robinson's JSA run... it was really mediocre... whatever happened to James Robinson ? i can't believe his mediocre JSA run and his extraordinary Starman run were written by the same writer.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote