Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
spenca7
Loki

Hawkeye so Low

I just won a Hawkeye for $92 shipped. Why are hawkeyes so low?? I think it is a good statue!!
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

i think $75 is a good price for this one...
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
spenca7
Loki

i paid $70 then $22 for shipping and insurance
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
I just won a Hawkeye for $92 shipped. Why are hawkeyes so low?? I think it is a good statue!!
A lot of statues are low right now not just Hard Hero just enjoy it while it lasts.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

when iron man comes out i hope i'll get one for that price.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Underdog07
Hercules

One reason is there are 3 Hawkeye statues on the market right now. Thus, competition leads to lower prices. Thankfully I paid close to retail for my HH Hawkeye. Oh wait.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
ftrez
Nightwing

This is an EXCELLENT statue and a steal for that price. Like odin said, stat prices are low right now. Of course, with all the $ I dropped on the kids and wife for Christmas, I'm too broke to take advantage of it!!!
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:16 AM   #8
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

got mine for 110 at a con last year
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:58 AM   #9
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

Of the Hard Hero statues released so far, Hawkeye is my favorite. A terrific sculpt in a killer pose, great detail, and a nice, large scale that matches the Thor, Cap (and I hope, Iron Man and Hercules) perfectly.

Underdog is right... having two other companies release Hawkeye statues at the same time depressed prices, and there is a glut of product on the market now, in general.

I'm waiting until after it's released to buy Hercules, hoping to get it for substantially below list, but I didn't want to take the chance on Iron Man, which may be the best statue of Shellhead ever released. I (pre-)Bought It Now for $178, and even if they drop on the secondary market, I will count it money well spent.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 AM   #10
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
when iron man comes out i hope i'll get one for that price.
That's wishful thinking buddy! If you do get one for that, please let me know! Hawkeye is definitely the easiest to get for the cheapest price, but even what he got it for is extrememly lucky.

Like Lord Odin said, you can find many a statue for cheap. SS Magneto has gone for as low as just a wee bit over $100. I guarantee you won't find a Thing from HH that low! I feel that Hawkeye might have had too high an edition. 500-750 for the second tier popular characters should be enough. The most popular characters (Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc.) should be at least 750-1000. No more! If the statues completely sell through, then they should make more. I hate to see wasted natural resources for something that no one will appreciate. Many of those statues will never get sold and just sit in the boxes till the end of time. What a waste!

With that being said, HH Hawkeye is definitely an awesome statue and I feel it is the best Hawkeye out in the market right now. For the size, the pose, the paint job, and the money, it is indeed a statue that should not be missed. Still wish it had some arrows in his pack!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote