Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #51
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Iron studios may put a little mess here ^^
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #52
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuke22 View Post
This is being discussed in another thread right now, but overall I don't understand the huge discrepancy in prices between reg. and ex. versions. I'm new to collecting (broken record, I know) but so far the only ex that has impressed me has been the Iron Spider-man Comiquette.

I could care less for prints...
First off, there isn't always a huge discrepancy in prices between the EX and regular editions. That is entirely dependent on just how well recieved the EX version really is. Switch out portraits are my personal favorites. And while you may not be impressed with most of the EX's you have seen, that doesnt mean other people feel the same way. Your opinion is ultimately just an individual subjective opinion in a large world of subjective opinions. Personally, I can list a LOT of EX's that I considered absolute must buy's. Just to name a few more recent examples:

Thanos
Captain Marvel
Skeletor
Dark Phoenix
Power Girl
Angela
Batgirl

Dont get me wrong, if people like yourself are perfectly content with buying the regular versions then there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing just that, but its not hard to understand why EX's in general are more sought after and hence more valuable, especially the really well recieved EX's.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #53
Ravagor
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
First off, there isn't always a huge discrepancy in prices between the EX and regular editions. That is entirely dependent on just how well recieved the EX version really is. Switch out portraits are my personal favorites. And while you may not be impressed with most of the EX's you have seen, that doesnt mean other people feel the same way. Your opinion is ultimately just an individual subjective opinion in a large world of subjective opinions. Personally, I can list a LOT of EX's that I considered absolute must buy's. Just to name a few more recent examples:

Thanos
Captain Marvel
Skeletor
Dark Phoenix
Power Girl
Angela
Batgirl

Dont get me wrong, if people like yourself are perfectly content with buying the regular versions then there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing just that, but its not hard to understand why EX's in general are more sought after and hence more valuable, especially the really well recieved EX's.
I´m not sure if the guy you replied to, reads this. His last visit in this Forum was in the year you joined.

Ravagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #54
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:

Thanos
Captain Marvel
Skeletor
Dark Phoenix
Power Girl
Angela
Batgirl

Holy crap did you just give a detailed 3 paragraph response to a 6.5 year old post LMAO!!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #55
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Yeah, $600 is a steal. GO FOR IT!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #56
Luminous
Cyclops

That is an impressive wall of laugh emotes!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #57
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Holy crap did you just give a detailed 3 paragraph response to a 6.5 year old post LMAO!!!
This is so great. Like, so great.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #58
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Actually, a single paragraph followed by a tiny list and a couple sentences would be a FAR more accurate description, but I know some of you still find the length of my posts highly amusing, which is highly amusing in itself, but I am the last person to rob people of thier cheap thrills. So 3 paragraphs it is. And yep, I failed to realize I was responding to a post that was extremely old. Crap, thats a bannable offence for me. I wonder if I'll make it through the day before Monster finds out. I feel another "abuse of power" coming on.....
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #59
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Actually, a single paragraph followed by a tiny list and a couple sentences would be a FAR more accurate description, but I know some of you still find the length of my posts highly amusing, which is highly amusing in itself, but I am the last person to rob people of thier cheap thrills. So 3 paragraphs it is. And yep, I failed to realize I was responding to a post that was extremely old. Crap, thats a bannable offence for me. I wonder if I'll make it through the day before Monster finds out. I feel another "abuse of power" coming on.....
Lol! You gotta admit it's funny! I never really look at dates myself. If it's at the top I just read and respond.

Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #60
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
As tempting as that is, I'll just leave you here for our amusement....for now.