Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-28-2024, 09:40 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Aliens: Dark Descent

I recently discovered this game on steam as an Alien Guy. It is alot of fun, but it is hard. I play in easy mod, and the game assured me, ''you will only experiance the story now'' and i was like, may be the easy mod is not fun, may be i should play in normal mode, but i decided to first try the game in easy mode and man... the Game was hard to play even in easy mode...

It took me alot of effort to finish the first mission. I believe i will quit the game in the middle of it since it is this hard even at the begining... But i wonder lets see how far i can go in the game.

the game is an Isometric Perspective strategy game. The Military Space Ship Otago crush lands on an Alien infested colonial planet and you and all crew of Space Marines try to survive in this Alien infested hostile anviroment. You play with a team of 4 colonial marines each mission. There are upgrade options on the main manu, you can upgrade the level of your marines as they get experince from missions. You unlock new weapons and use items like med packs etc. as you gain resources. You even have a lab, you can do researches and experiments on Alien samples you bring from missions and create new bio technologies like vaccines that prevent face hugger pregnancy etc.

The game is alot of fun but it is hard. Is there any other Alien people on the forum that play the game ??? How do you like it ???
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 04:14 PM   #2
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

The balance between strategy and action is very good. The action never stops, only you play the game in slow motion when you push space to set up a gatling gun or someting. This also gives you time to think while the action is going on.
I am not the guy to ask for the replayablety of anything. I don't replay any missions. Once i pass all the missions and the game is over, i won't take a second look at that game, that means i am done with it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 01:41 AM   #3
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Played and loved Aliens Dark Descent. The beginning of the game is very tough due to how severely limited you are terms of your marines and abilities. As your marines level up you'll get an option to make them into a special class like a medic or sniper when opens up the game a bunch. Some tips.

Remain undetected for as long as possible. You will want to get the most out of each deployment, which is made easier by avoiding detection. This will become easier when you unlock the sniper class who can take out individual xenos without alerting the hive.

The tactical slow motion feature can be changed to stop time completely in the menus. If you're being overwhelmed it can certainly help you strategize without the pressure.

Flamethrower is super useful. It does damage sure, but you can also lay down fire at a door or hallway and the xenos will avoid/go around it (unless it's the only way in). This allows you to control which way they approach you. Also, if you hold and drag it, you can make a wall of flame for more coverage.
Flamethrower will also take out eggs without detection (although I believe there was a patch for grenade launcher too).

Have fun.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:10 PM   #4
Juhaz
Doh!

Honestly one of the best games I’ve played in the last 5 years. Definitely recommended.
Juhaz is offline   Reply With Quote