Old 08-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #1941
JuliusMarx
Gentle Giant
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
[IMG]
A blast from the past. Possibly around 2012
I like the light-up 'honeycomb' sign design. Where is the sign now?
The sign is hanging up in our studio. We brought it and hung it up at SDCC last month.

We are still committed to HoneyTrap. It's a line that is near and dear to our hearts... and we want to take the time to get them right. We are still tweaking Junior a little and when she is ready we will solicit her.

But the line is still going, in fact... for eagle-eyed fans, we even teased a future release at SDCC, showing off the digital sculpt for an upcoming HT release... but I've not heard anyone mention that they spotted it as part of our booth...

D
JuliusMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #1942
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusMarx View Post
The sign is hanging up in our studio. We brought it and hung it up at SDCC last month.

We are still committed to HoneyTrap. It's a line that is near and dear to our hearts... and we want to take the time to get them right. We are still tweaking Junior a little and when she is ready we will solicit her.

But the line is still going, in fact... for eagle-eyed fans, we even teased a future release at SDCC, showing off the digital sculpt for an upcoming HT release... but I've not heard anyone mention that they spotted it as part of our booth...

D
Good to hear that the sign is still around

'Junior' is that code-name for Fire Ball ?

Other than Fire Ball, is there more to the Honey Trap line (on show at the GG booth). I'm intrigued.

I thought Honey Trap was a Will Harbottle concept.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #1943
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

D
a future release tease? I didn't see it. Now I am intrigued. lol
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:32 AM   #1944
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

D
Since I can't figure out who else it would be, is it the lady on the far right banner?

Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:59 AM   #1945
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Since I can't figure out who else it would be, is it the lady on the far right banner?

I have no idea.
Last-night i watched about 5 or 6 YouTube videos shot during SDCC 2017 around the Gentle Giant stand
I failed to spot anything connected to Honey Trap.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #1946
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
HONEY TRAP LUCKY.....more photos in my collection corner under "capchi3 collect from the heart" thanks for looking!
How is the belt on your statue?
The reason i ask is, there is a listing on Ebay and the (German seller) writes in the description:

'Manche Glieder von dem Patronengurt sehen leider nicht so schön verarbeitet aus.' - Original text

'Some limbs of the patron belt unfortunately do not look so beautifully processed.' - Google translated

Sounds like the belt area was rushed. Derby and Kat-ya turned out perfect.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #1947
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

hi bro. send me the ebay link. i am from germany and will check it out for you. also i can ask the seller if he means the impression of the statue or his statue about this point.

i got lucky myself and i dont notice this issue. but sometimes its a taste of the viewer.
as i said, i can ask the seller if you want.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #1948
punisher2000

ah... you mean this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gentle-Giant-...wAAOSwFdJZtXKL

he says the bullits at the last picture in his auction would not look so clean in his oppinion.
Also the acrylic base may have got some tiny minor scratches... typical for the GG bases.

hope that helps you??
Old 09-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #1949
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
ah... you mean this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gentle-Giant-...wAAOSwFdJZtXKL

he says the bullits at the last picture in his auction would not look so clean in his oppinion.
Also the acrylic base may have got some tiny minor scratches... typical for the GG bases.

hope that helps you??
Thanks. I got the impression he either didn't think much of the production quality, or he was unlucky to have a statue with some quality issues. I noticed the seller is selling a number of statues, and his IKEA Detolf's are empty bar one statue. Either he has a new hobby or wants newer statues?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #1950
punisher2000

maybe he is un-lucky ;-)
he sold several statues in the past and seems to be okay. i dont know him in person.

he didnt talking about major issues or damage so the statue would be a quite good deal so far for that price. good luck(y) bro