Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #351
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Yes Monster out of Time is still on the table. That is going to be a large project, and will take quite some time to make it perfect. So for now we are moving forward with a few other Frazetta releases first, Grim Reaper in the very near future, followed by Fighting Man of Mars, and perhaps a Huntress re-do, and in talks about a Death Dealer.
Really excited about the Fighting Man of Mars. I wouldn't tell you how to run your business but I would recommend against doing a Huntress Re-do. Tony Cipriano did a great job on his (the face received complaints but to me it was like the painting) and even with two faces offered it didn't sell well. If you are going to re do it I would recommend putting it in your 1/6 line. I think you would do MUCH better with it in that scale and I would likely buy that as it would be more manageable space wise and cost wise for a piece that isn't one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Awesome!
Can't wait to see John Carter!
...a Huntress and Death Dealer re-do is very interesting!
I doubt they are doing yet another remake of the DD on a horse, it will probably be a different one, maybe from a sketch but I am kind of hoping for the DD running a spear through a guy. Chris Gabberish did some great work on the DDII in 2 scales so they may want to just contact him and see if they can pick one of those up?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #352
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Really excited about the Fighting Man of Mars. I wouldn't tell you how to run your business but I would recommend against doing a Huntress Re-do. Tony Cipriano did a great job on his (the face received complaints but to me it was like the painting) and even with two faces offered it didn't sell well. If you are going to re do it I would recommend putting it in your 1/6 line. I think you would do MUCH better with it in that scale and I would likely buy that as it would be more manageable space wise and cost wise for a piece that isn't one of my favorites.

I doubt they are doing yet another remake of the DD on a horse, it will probably be a different one, maybe from a sketch but I am kind of hoping for the DD running a spear through a guy. Chris Gabberish did some great work on the DDII in 2 scales so they may want to just contact him and see if they can pick one of those up?
Great post, and really on point.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #353
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Awesome!
Can't wait to see John Carter!
...a Huntress and Death Dealer re-do is very interesting!
Fighting Man of Mars was actually Tan Hadron and Tavia not Carter and Dejah. I always thought it was them :P Still one of my favorites though. I need to get back into barsoom. Would love to see this one eventually made also (when i have money lol)-

FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #354
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Catgirl has sold out. At introductory price, that is. I'm assuming they actually sold out, and that doesn't mean a quantity of higher priced statues will become available later.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #355
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Great to hear!
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #356
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Catgirl has sold out. At introductory price, that is. I'm assuming they actually sold out, and that doesn't mean a quantity of higher priced statues will become available later.
You're right on! We did sell out of our direct sales portion of the edition, and the rest were picked up by Diamond Comics for distribution to retailers across the US and Europe. We might have a few leads on shops that will carry her, so feel free to reach out if you're looking to track a copy down.

Also, I'm loving everybody's ideas for future projects! Some great inspiration for the team in this thread.

Thanks for being awesome as usual, dudes.

- Hanna
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #357
SAB380
The X-Men

Great to hear it's sold out!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #358
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just read the whole tread here and I sincerely ask myself, how is it possible that nobody has criticised her physiognomy!?! I mean her face is nice and has some slight resemblance to a white female face but definitely not to a typical Frazetta female face. It's the same dude who sculpted the barbarian at ARH and check her face: an absolute travesty ! I was so hyped, when I read about Level 52 Studios pickung up the Frazetta line. But when I saw her face back in summer ....oh boy... That sculptur Ehren something showed great talent with the Death Dealer on horse (one of my favourite 1:4 scales ever) but he is definitely the wrong person for Frazetta female faces. You guys here were probably all dazzled by her stunning green eyes, but just check the painting once more. Imagine the Cat girl on the painting in a total dark skin, she will still look like a Frazetta girl. Now check the statue and imagine her in a total dark skin: she will look like an Afro-American girl.

So far the only Frazetta female faces which have been correctly transfered into sculpt are the 1:4 " Huntress" from Tony Cipriano or the 1:7 Barbarian's slave girl from C.S. Moore.

Otherwise my best whises to Level 52 studios for future Frazetta projects !
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #359
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
I just read the whole tread here and I sincerely ask myself, how is it possible that nobody has criticised her physiognomy!?! I mean her face is nice and has some slight resemblance to a white female face but definitely not to a typical Frazetta female face. It's the same dude who sculpted the barbarian at ARH and check her face: an absolute travesty ! I was so hyped, when I read about Level 52 Studios pickung up the Frazetta line. But when I saw her face back in summer ....oh boy... That sculptur Ehren something showed great talent with the Death Dealer on horse (one of my favourite 1:4 scales ever) but he is definitely the wrong person for Frazetta female faces. You guys here were probably all dazzled by her stunning green eyes, but just check the painting once more. Imagine the Cat girl on the painting in a total dark skin, she will still look like a Frazetta girl. Now check the statue and imagine her in a total dark skin: she will look like an Afro-American girl.

So far the only Frazetta female faces which have been correctly transfered into sculpt are the 1:4 " Huntress" from Tony Cipriano or the 1:7 Barbarian's slave girl from C.S. Moore.

Otherwise my best whises to Level 52 studios for future Frazetta projects !
lol
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #360
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Did you pass on this one Krieg? That surprises me if so.

RE the Frazetta female faces I like this one and it looks good to me. The chicks on either Moore or ARH Barbarian are pretty much up to interpretation as it is very unclear in the painting but I know Arahom had a lot of input into the ARH one. Cipriano's Sun Goddess was also open to interpretation because you can't really see the face in the painting.

I think Tim Buckner did a great job on Moonmaid of Mars, Ehren did a great job on Virgin of Mahar, Gabriel did great on Egyptian Queen, Clay Moore did great on princess of Mars, and Tim Bruckner did great on Ghoul Queen.

I also agree with you that I thought Cipriano's original face on Huntress was closest to the painting but ironically it is what drew a lot of criticisim, so they changed it. But the face in that painting is also pretty minimal in detail.

Just curious what don't you like about the face of Cat Girl? Do you think the cheeks need to be fuller and chin thinner maybe? I really had to look at it to see any differences because I really like it personally.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote