Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-06-2020, 01:43 PM   #591
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Yep, me too!
And yes, I hear that as well, but this is going to be my first silicone bust so I'm kind of nervous haha.

Do you know what's gonna happen after the 30 years period? will it just crack or rot like latex?
No idea. The QS WW will be my first silicone bust also.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #592
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Yep, me too!
And yes, I hear that as well, but this is going to be my first silicone bust so I'm kind of nervous haha.

Do you know what's gonna happen after the 30 years period? will it just crack or rot like latex?
You should ask people who collect Cinemaquette. Most of their pieces have silicon and they provide a powder to keep it looking okay. That said, there is a lifespan to silicon.

Personally, I would assume in getting a piece like this, that you should have an acrylic display case to keep the dust off. Getting dust off clothing is bad enough, but hair and silicon?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #593
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
You should ask people who collect Cinemaquette. Most of their pieces have silicon and they provide a powder to keep it looking okay. That said, there is a lifespan to silicon.

Personally, I would assume in getting a piece like this, that you should have an acrylic display case to keep the dust off. Getting dust off clothing is bad enough, but hair and silicon?
Thanks for the suggestion!
Will do that.
And yes, I have prepared an acrylic case for this bust, I hope it will fit her! Otherwise, there's no way Im gonna clean all those dust everyday..
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #594
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion!
Will do that.
And yes, I have prepared an acrylic case for this bust, I hope it will fit her! Otherwise, there's no way Im gonna clean all those dust everyday..
To answer that cinemaquette question, I’ve had a Indiana Jones one for years, it was on display for a couple years then for the last few years stored in my attic (which gets hot and cold so not ideal) and it’s not affected it one bit. In fact I’ve had polystone statues that were far worse affected.
Think about it, they use silicone to make everything from oven gloves to ice cube trays to the molds polystone statues are made in!. It’s not a fragile material.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #595
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
To answer that cinemaquette question, I’ve had a Indiana Jones one for years, it was on display for a couple years then for the last few years stored in my attic (which gets hot and cold so not ideal) and it’s not affected it one bit. In fact I’ve had polystone statues that were far worse affected.
Think about it, they use silicone to make everything from oven gloves to ice cube trays to the molds polystone statues are made in!. It’s not a fragile material.
Thank you so much for the info and reply, El Diablo! It really made me feel so much better with having a silicone bust!
Old 10-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #596
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Thank you so much for the info and reply, El Diablo! It really made me feel so much better with having a silicone bust!
Your welcome
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:28 PM   #597
Augen
Metal Men

Sideshow notification shifted to January-March 2021 window now.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:09 AM   #598
gra007

Found this pic on Instagram -- so, is she undersized, or is Batman oversized? Compared to the first pics in this thread of the unpainted prototypes, one of them has drastically changed.

Between this and the Prime 1 Batfleck, it makes me think he's got something in his contract that his products have to be oversized compared to the rest of the Justice League.

gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #599
Augen
Metal Men

I'm glad I'm getting her alone to not worry about scaling issues.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:45 AM   #600
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Found this pic on Instagram -- so, is she undersized, or is Batman oversized? Compared to the first pics in this thread of the unpainted prototypes, one of them has drastically changed.

Between this and the Prime 1 Batfleck, it makes me think he's got something in his contract that his products have to be oversized compared to the rest of the Justice League.

Looks in scale to me.. He is that big compared to her..