Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 AM   #51
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSo_Songo View Post
Im only collecting SF statues but wenn a Raiden statue will come of Mortal Combat will buy it for sure.
Thats the one id like to see as well. Not the classic version though and light up eyes is a must.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 AM   #52
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Even though Im looking forward to it, I really do not know how they will follow up to MK9. With it they really got back on track what an MK should be and introduced all the classic characters and added classic costumes as well, classic stages. It was a salute to the best of the franchise.

They are prob gonna add new characters but maybe the roster will be smaller? Really interested in what direction will they go now.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #53
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
Even though Im looking forward to it, I really do not know how they will follow up to MK9. With it they really got back on track what an MK should be and introduced all the classic characters and added classic costumes as well, classic stages. It was a salute to the best of the franchise.

They are prob gonna add new characters but maybe the roster will be smaller? Really interested in what direction will they go now.
Story wise i'd imagine it'll be inspired by MK4. I can't wait to see Fujin, Kai, and Tanya!
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #54
Hanzo
I am da law!

As much as I love mk at this point i dont care about the in game story, for that we have mk legacy , the movies, and the game shaolin monks. I hate it when the story of a fighting game dictates whos going to be in the game or not, just give me all the characters I love, despite if they died in the other game or not, is a fighting game not the last of us.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #55
Whirl Wind Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
As much as I love mk at this point i dont care about the in game story, for that we have mk legacy , the movies, and the game shaolin monks. I hate it when the story of a fighting game dictates whos going to be in the game or not, just give me all the characters I love, despite if they died in the other game or not, is a fighting game not the last of us.
I disagree. Than there wouldn't be a need for new games. Shaolin Monks lmao, movies sucked, show was ok, but i still feel the games cinematic blew out any other story.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #56
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

I remember back in the day I think MK3 just came out, I bought a MK Move List Book which also had printed out those picture stories you get when u chose a character and once you win the game, for everyone! It was like a little bible for me
Old 02-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #57
Whirl Wind Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
I remember back in the day I think MK3 just came out, I bought a MK Move List Book which also had printed out those picture stories you get when u chose a character and once you win the game, for everyone! It was like a little bible for me
Oh man, i remember people selling hand written move lists at the arcade! Good times!

Sometime i would just sit there if no one was playing the game to watch the computer demo and read the stories.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #58
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Def! I remember some people guarded those move lists like it was the holy grail and since we did nto have internet or should I say it was not wide spread back then, its either someone tells you or you bash the controller whole day figuring out what is what.

Then someone mentioned "sexuality", the biggest hoax ever ))
Old 02-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #59
Hanzo
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I disagree. Than there wouldn't be a need for new games. Shaolin Monks lmao, movies sucked, show was ok, but i still feel the games cinematic blew out any other story.
Mk9 cinematics was ok.. cheesy as hell but fun compared to other fighting games. But Out of 100 people how many do you think will buy a mk game based on its story? Honestly... 0.. or maybe 1.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #60
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Mk9 cinematics was ok.. cheesy as hell but fun compared to other fighting games. But Out of 100 people how many do you think will buy a mk game based on its story? Honestly... 0.. or maybe 1.
Tell you what, I would have never used to because they all sucked but MK9 was sweet. Hopefully MK10 will be just as good if not better. They should let players be able to play as bosses in the new one. Goro Kintaro Motaro.
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote