Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-20-2022, 10:49 PM   #41
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looks awesome though I'd prefer an option to remove the cape for a more classic look. I wonder if that'll be a variant later on.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:51 PM   #42
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Thinking about it. PowerCon is coming to Columbus, OH the first weekend in August and Tweeterhead will be there. I want to see some of these statues in person first.
It?s honestly my favorite line going and if my better half told me I need to move 80% of my collection this would almost definitely stay.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:52 PM   #43
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Looks awesome though I'd prefer an option to remove the cape for a more classic look. I wonder if that'll be a variant later on.
I mean, as long as the cape comes as a separate piece, couldn't you just leave it off?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:56 PM   #44
SONICobra
Batman

Beautiful piece, the best thing at SDCC but sadly not something I?ll be picking up (sticking with the og). but if I wasn?t already in on this line I?d get mer-man on order ASAP and hold on for the ride
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:17 PM   #45
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This is a totally acceptable release to me because it means I am one character closer to another She-Ra

Seriously though if look fantastic and different enough from the other to justify the price. If the paint is closure to purple than the deep blue of the SS piece, even more of a justification to own both.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:30 PM   #46
Danii99
Birdman

Love it, hopefully the paint job will knock it out the park. Sculpted cape is a major plus for me. Would love to see a laughing/cackling portrait.
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:54 PM   #47
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The original SS Skeletor is still one of my favorite statues in my collection but holy hell this looks just as good.

I like the sculpted cape more on this one but I like how the SS Version had the sword

The original is sinister and cunning looking while this new one displays power and triumph.

I can't wait to see the finished product on this guy. Especially the Portrait

Definitely the best reveal from SSC in my books.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:08 AM   #48
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Overall I like the SS version better. He seems more lean and cunning. This one is more buff and powerful. I also like the SS head sculpts better (I'm sure this one will have switch outs as well).

p.s. I find it odd that both versions still pay homage to Hordak. He did betray Hordak right? Why would he still pay respect to his former master?
My thoughts exactly!
I thought they might go with the Battle Armor Skeletor to be a little different, but they haven't!

The SS version is probably good enough for me, especially with how the base was done!... That said, I might change my mind once I see the painted version of this Skeley!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:15 AM   #49
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is a totally acceptable release to me because it means I am one character closer to another She-Ra

Seriously though if look fantastic and different enough from the other to justify the price. If the paint is closure to purple than the deep blue of the SS piece, even more of a justification to own both.
I expect the colours to be identical to the life size bust, as this new 1:5 is meant to be the same version.

I think Mattel are strict with the colours for Skely, I believe they made Sideshow change the colours on the OG version that was shown at SDCC from dark Purple to Blue.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #50
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Overall I like the SS version better. He seems more lean and cunning. This one is more buff and powerful. I also like the SS head sculpts better (I'm sure this one will have switch outs as well).

p.s. I find it odd that both versions still pay homage to Hordak. He did betray Hordak right? Why would he still pay respect to his former master?
Yes he did, but even the original toy paid homage to Hordak..that?s why he had the Bat on his chest. It was basically what became the Horde Bat later on. So I?m good with it in that regard.

And I must say..I think this one blows the original Statue out of the water..JMO .
I’m a Huge Skeletor fan and I had a chance a couple of times to pick up the OG SS one..looks good, but something to me didn’t scream skeletor.(especially hat Ex Head) Kind of reminded me too much of that awful MOTU movie Skeletor. Maybe it was the coloring..don’t know.
If I came across him for the right price would I grab it now..absolutely. (Maybe I can find a Reg Ed. cheaper after this one releases)
But again to each his own.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote