Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #241
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Shipping would be $210 for me in New England. Yikes!
Its $540 to me here in Australia plus import Duty
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #242
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Makes sense given it's half that price to ship within the US. Crazy times for collecting statues.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #243
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
That's probably the only thing I would hate about living in Australia.

....that and all the little critters trying to kill you.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #244
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That's probably the only thing I would hate about living in Australia.

....that and all the little critters trying to kill you.

Old 10-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #245
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Makes sense given it's half that price to ship within the US. Crazy times for collecting statues.
Sure is , in many ways.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:41 AM   #246
Peedi
The Secret Six

Just unboxing mine. I’m spoiled by XM, nobody’s total packaging is as good as theirs is, but I didn’t know about P1’s parts being wrapped in cloth instead of tissue paper or baggies. Large Box was still SS difficult but overall the cloth wraps made unboxing so much better, I love it.

But the actual statue, lol. I dig it a lotZ and the movie was great concepts with trash delivery, but I bought this because I thought it looked cool regardless of the mediocre source it comes from. It’s just a cool alternate take on Batman to me.

The only thing that bugged me out about putting this together is that right leg meeting that spike. Yikes. In place it’s fine but putting it together, I don’t like when parts jut into other parts. Ain’t nobody got time for breaking things.

Otherwise, gorgeous statue. I have XM Samurai Batman and the sheer presence of this P1 is giving Samurai a run for the money. Because of the base this is a big @$$ statue. Even more so with the backdrop. I like them both though, both are staying in my collection.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:16 AM   #247
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Just unboxing mine. I’m spoiled by XM, nobody’s total packaging is as good as theirs is, but I didn’t know about P1’s parts being wrapped in cloth instead of tissue paper or baggies. Large Box was still SS difficult but overall the cloth wraps made unboxing so much better, I love it.

But the actual statue, lol. I dig it a lotZ and the movie was great concepts with trash delivery, but I bought this because I thought it looked cool regardless of the mediocre source it comes from. It’s just a cool alternate take on Batman to me.

The only thing that bugged me out about putting this together is that right leg meeting that spike. Yikes. In place it’s fine but putting it together, I don’t like when parts jut into other parts. Ain’t nobody got time for breaking things.

Otherwise, gorgeous statue. I have XM Samurai Batman and the sheer presence of this P1 is giving Samurai a run for the money. Because of the base this is a big @$$ statue. Even more so with the backdrop. I like them both though, both are staying in my collection.

Congrats. Is yours the Deluxe version ?
Old 11-28-2020, 01:49 AM   #248
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Congrats. Is yours the Deluxe version ?
It is. I should’ve taken a completed photo lol. But I suppose I’m waiting to clear space and put him in a more permanent spot with my other Batmen.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #249
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It is. I should’ve taken a completed photo lol. But I suppose I’m waiting to clear space and put him in a more permanent spot with my other Batmen.

Nice. Yes you certainly need plenty of room to display him with the backdrop.

I have a large turntable im using for mine.

I am pairing him up with the Sengoku Joker Deluxe . I just think the backdrops really add an artistic feel to these unique pieces.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw the colours however. Just not as vibrant as they appear in some of the reviews Ive seen. Colours are a bit muted in person I thoughg.

Lighting and camera angles perhaps. Still an impressive and dynamic pose / art piece.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:52 AM   #250
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Nice. Yes you certainly need plenty of room to display him with the backdrop.

I have a large turntable im using for mine.

I am pairing him up with the Sengoku Joker Deluxe . I just think the backdrops really add an artistic feel to these unique pieces.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw the colours however. Just not as vibrant as they appear in some of the reviews Ive seen. Colours are a bit muted in person I thoughg.

Lighting and camera angles perhaps. Still an impressive and dynamic pose / art piece.
Yeah I think it does come down to lighting. And lens and angles too because I took a few quick phone pics and on iPhone with the lens at a 1 the backdrop looks way smaller than real life. With the lens at 2.5 the backdrop gets huge.

You’re going to have a beautiful display with both pieces. I’ve also been thinking about turntables. This certainly deserves one. Overall this is my largest piece I think. This needs more space than my PCS 1/3 Spidey.