Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #11
Stampe
Doh!

$1,199 - I can live with that.
Stampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #12
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampe View Post
$1,199 - I can live with that.
Definitely. Ordered! A pleasant surprise for sure.

On the indeterminate shipping issue...WETA are hardly alone in not providing firm totals in advance on shipping these days. Given all the uncertainty surrounding COVID and the pricing power delivery companies now have with so many people ordering in, I'm afraid this will be a feature for some time to come.

I just hope they can keep this Troll packaged up in one box - both to keep costs down and to save on storage space...
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:19 AM   #13
Stampe
Doh!

Sold out
Old 10-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfootdave View Post
Definitely. Ordered! A pleasant surprise for sure.

On the indeterminate shipping issue...WETA are hardly alone in not providing firm totals in advance on shipping these days. Given all the uncertainty surrounding COVID and the pricing power delivery companies now have with so many people ordering in, I'm afraid this will be a feature for some time to come.

I just hope they can keep this Troll packaged up in one box - both to keep costs down and to save on storage space...
If they charged a NRD on these we could gripe about the unknown ship price, but that is a non issue without a NRD. Weta is usually quite high on shipping anyway so just be prepared.

2 smaller boxes are usually cheaper than one massive box and easier to transport/store as well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #15
Stampe
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Weta is usually quite high on shipping anyway so just be prepared.

I'm in Europe and Weta has a EU warehouse. On all my orders I've paid no more than 30€ shipping - including Treebeard and Gandalf & Frodo.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:15 PM   #16
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
If they charged a NRD on these we could gripe about the unknown ship price, but that is a non issue without a NRD. Weta is usually quite high on shipping anyway so just be prepared.

2 smaller boxes are usually cheaper than one massive box and easier to transport/store as well.
Well you're wrong on both counts - Weta do charge an NRD and they've confirmed this will come in one box.
Postage to me in the EU has always been cheap - Treebeard only cost me £20... but I'm not sure if that will change next year when we've left the EU. My damn compatriots - did they not take into account my statue buying future??
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #17
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampe View Post
I'm in Europe and Weta has a EU warehouse. On all my orders I've paid no more than 30€ shipping - including Treebeard and Gandalf & Frodo.
I really hope shipping costs will be closed to that amount! Any idea about Thranduil shipping costs?
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:28 AM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Well you're wrong on both counts - Weta do charge an NRD and they've confirmed this will come in one box.
Actually I am not, YOU are. Weta is not charging a NRD on this (or Thrandruil) due to the uncertainty of the shipping just like I stated. I also never said it was coming in 2 boxes, just that 2 is usually better.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #19
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

What a statue. Ordered.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:50 PM   #20
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Actually I am not, YOU are. Weta is not charging a NRD on this (or Thrandruil) due to the uncertainty of the shipping just like I stated.
I was charged a 15% NRD of $179.85 when I ordered through Weta's site.

Edit: For anyone in the US that missed out, Entertainment Earth has it up for pre-order, no NRD, and free shipping.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote