Boot Hill 1 16.67%
Champions - not TSR, but still an awesome game 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Favorite TSR Game!

Nowadays, when you say RPG people think Final Fantasy VII or Resident Evil. Au contraire mon frere! There was a day when RPG meant 12-sided die, hit points, graph paper, fighters, thieves, MU, saving throws, little metal figurines, and modules!

Boy oh boy, do I miss D&D. What was your favorite RPG back in the day? Its kind of a dumb question because I suspect D&D will runaway with this thing, so vote more than once if you feel so inclined.

Any good memories of the old game days? Did you have a favorite character that you always liked to bring out?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Final Fantasy 10!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

D&D for sure, still playing it
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Teague
Iron Man

Loved D&D, but had ALL of these. I got into gaming when I was just a kid, and fortunately I was around for the heyday of TSR. Great, great stuff, all of it.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Teague
Iron Man

The only one I didn't vote for was Champions--just never played it, but I knew people that did. We did play Marvel Super Heroes for a long time, though, which was a lot of fun!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Loved D&D, but had ALL of these. I got into gaming when I was just a kid, and fortunately I was around for the heyday of TSR. Great, great stuff, all of it.
Thats pretty cool. You dont find too many people that have actually played the original Top Secret. That game was soooo before its time. Now they only have the re-packed version without the authentic spy organizations and real weapons. What crap. They pretty much turned it into a GI JOE vs. Cobra type of situation.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Thats pretty cool. You dont find too many people that have actually played the original Top Secret. That game was soooo before its time. Now they only have the re-packed version without the authentic spy organizations and real weapons. What crap. They pretty much turned it into a GI JOE vs. Cobra type of situation.
I haven't seen the new version, but that sucks. Yeah, we played just about everything TSR put out back then. Boot Hill was deadly as hell. PCs falling left and right. Top Secret was slighly less deadly, but really fun. Star Frontiers was good, but they had issues in trying to limit the alien races to just three or four, instead of really opening it up and allowing a GM to create his own.

I also have fond memories of Gamma World (really fun finding an old gun in the nuclear-wasteland, and trying to see if you could figure out how to use it....or blow your own head off trying!) and the Indiana Jones game (which was lots of fun, but had a major flaw in that only one person could play Indy, which meant that everyone else was sort of a bystander in their own game...)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
Teague
Iron Man

VM, if you liked Top Secret, did you ever play the 007 James Bond game? It wasn't TSR, but it was really cool. Very detailed. My friends played it all summer one summer, and watched every Bond movie that had been out to that point! (on videodisc, no less)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I also have fond memories of Gamma World (really fun finding an old gun in the nuclear-wasteland, and trying to see if you could figure out how to use it....or blow your own head off trying!)
WOW! i remember this game! i had it, though I only think I played it a couple of times. No one wanted to play...all my friends wanted to stick to the old favorites.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
VM, if you liked Top Secret, did you ever play the 007 James Bond game? It wasn't TSR, but it was really cool. Very detailed. My friends played it all summer one summer, and watched every Bond movie that had been out to that point! (on videodisc, no less)
No, I never did. We were real TS junkies back then. There was a time thats all we did, we eventually left D&D behind in favor of the spy stuff...