Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 PM   #931
Infernal6
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
pcs cs keeps giving me cookie cutter replies that they will ship zangief in a timely manner but still haven't shipped mine or provided tracking

is there another way i can reach them besides cs which is completely useless to get them to ship.
I paid for my shipping back in December when they locked in the rates and I just got my Zangief yesterday (tracking was sent to me Friday). I know it's not the answer you wanna hear, but I would say just give them a little more time. I know they've been shipping out in waves.
Infernal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:15 AM   #932
dao2
Cyclops

haven't shipped mine either (or even gotten the invoice for it), not too worried though not a huge problem to wait for me. zangief probably so big they don't get too many in at once either ;p

also with how awesome it's looking if it goes cheapo on ebay I'll def pick up a second :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #933
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

It took some time to get an invoice.

I paid a few weeks ago, I hope to get a tracking number soon.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #934
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yay just got my tracking for today. Took a while but got it.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #935
Joppula

Me too! Yay!
Old 04-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #936
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Grabbed an EX off a local guy for my first PCS statue and I have to say: their method of releasing statues and shipping them is the worst, but god dam is this statue just a beast.

This guy has one of the best faces I have ever seen on a statue. The shading is spot on around and in his eyes to absolutely make them pop. The head sculpt with the veins, teeth, tongue, hair, and overall shape is just perfect to the character. Overall the head is absolutely amazing and the best part for me.

The body is heavy as hell. The sculpt is on point with the hair, muscles, veins, cuts, scars, etc. The hands have really nicely done fingernails to give it that extra detail. The boots really pop with the red paint that are shaded very nicely. Everything is super clean. The only thing I think could have been done better is the skin shading. There really isn't any which is weird because the face and boots are nicely shaded which just makes them pop so much more than the body. You look at it and just wish the cuts in his muscles were shaded darker to just make everything stand out so much more.

The base is nice, simple, and clean. The smoke is done really well and looks awesome when light hits it just right.

The pose is what makes this statue for me. He looks like he's cut straight out from the game mid running grab attack it looks absolutely perfect. Makes the statue look so dynamic and gives it a real feel of movement, amazing.

Overall this piece is a perfect Zangief statue. The pose, sculpt, paint, head, and base are all just super clean and capture the essence of the character. I just wish the body was shaded more.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #937
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Overall this piece is a perfect Zangief statue. The pose, sculpt, paint, head, and base are all just super clean and capture the essence of the character. I just wish the body was shaded more.
Im glad Zangief came out great ! I like the design of the Ultra line but I think that there should be some paint app or a bit more shading on the body. I would Nit Pic for a small improvement for the Ultra line. I hope that PCS would add a bit more shading on the body. I have Vega and all 3 Cammy. The only shading on the body is on Pink Cammy and light skin freckles on Vega that I see. The paint app is clean but with no shading/or barely any it seems simple after looking at them for awhile.

I haven't receive any shipping notice for Zangief EX and Mech but I could wait.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:20 AM   #938
goatchumby
The Herculoids

My Siberian Express showed up and he is quite the sight! The paint app on the skin was much better than I anticipated after seeing all the photos. His expression is just dead on.

While I do miss the fabric undies and laced boots that the OG had, I am very happy with the way he turned out. Be prepared for a big box folks.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:18 AM   #939
Joppula

So, I opened this guy up yesterday (Siberian), and I honestly do not have words to describe how absolutely blown away I am by this statue!

I collect lots of brands, lots of characters. I’ve probably had 35 PCS pieces including the 1/3 Akuma (and Ryu soon), and I can say without a moment of hesitation that this is without question my favorite statue PCS has ever produced!

Like I said, I’ve had some whoppers in the house, and I’ve never seen my family stunned over a pieces sheer presence.

He’s so incredibly massive, and wide, there is zero chance he can fit into a case that I normally display 1/3 statues with ease.

What a treat it was to get a statue that completely overwhelmed me, and exceeded my expectations in every way!

Haven’t enjoyed a statue this much in a long time!

Now, if only I could get my Abigail in a run pose charging directly at Zangief!

Anyone on the fence, get off of it, this monster is magnificent!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #940
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Congrats guys! He is a work of art!
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote