Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #1521
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
How they handle the Wolf Predator LSB will determine if they care about quality or not. If they don't allow full refunds with return shipping then it's apparent they don't in this case.
Were taking about 2 different things entirely. I am referring to the artists themselves and wether they care about the the projects they work on, which I guarantee with absolute certainty that they do. Your talking about a business aspect of Sideshow that isn't controlled by the artists at all. Wether or not refunds will be given or wether they pay for return shipping is something that is decided by the people that run Sideshow, not the artists that work for Sideshow.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #1522
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Were taking about 2 different things entirely. I am referring to the artists themselves and wether they care about the the projects they work on, which I guarantee with absolute certainty that they do. Your talking about a business aspect of Sideshow that isn't controlled by the artists at all. Wether or not refunds will be given or wether they pay for return shipping is something that is decided by the people that run Sideshow, not the artists that work for Sideshow.

I think we've all made that distinction clear by now and I havn't seen anybody argue it. But whoever is making the questionable decisions (such as making busts plastic) is most definitely tarnishing the reputation of the company as a whole, artists and all. People won't keep on buying $650 plastic statues with poor paint and visible seam lines just because we like the artists, not when there is now so much incredible competition from the likes of Prime 1, XM and iron studios etc. It's genuinely sad, but while I'm on their side 100%, something has to give, for their sake and ours.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #1523
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
People won't keep on buying $650 plastic statues with poor paint and visible seam lines just because we like the artists, not when there is now so much incredible competition from the likes of Prime 1, XM and iron studios etc. It's genuinely sad, but while I'm on their side 100%, something has to give, for their sake and ours.
Sadlly they will. For every ten on here saying it's rubbish they'll be 10 on facebook calling it a grail. The P2 was slated yet the second SS dropped the price the orders went in and it was great. When that happens why would they bother to change anything.

The tracker predator maquette is the biggest p.o.s I've ever seen. Rubbish in every dept yet I've seen people on here and facebook praise it. That statue alone is proof people will buy anything Predator related as long as its got Sideshow on the box.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #1524
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

That Tracker was really bad!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #1525
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
. . . 10 on facebook calling it a grail . . .
Sincere request for any links you find - because everything I've read so far has been (understandably) bad.

No idea how anyone could think they got value for money (unless "Because Sideshow Fanboy").

As said elsewhere . . . the Wolf LSB was the final straw - I will NEVER preorder a Sideshow product again - NEVER.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #1526
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think we've all made that distinction clear by now and I havn't seen anybody argue it. But whoever is making the questionable decisions (such as making busts plastic) is most definitely tarnishing the reputation of the company as a whole, artists and all. People won't keep on buying $650 plastic statues with poor paint and visible seam lines just because we like the artists, not when there is now so much incredible competition from the likes of Prime 1, XM and iron studios etc. It's genuinely sad, but while I'm on their side 100%, something has to give, for their sake and ours.
Try looking back a few pages to the initial comment I replied to by HeavyMetalSpike.

Quote:
The folks working on these releases either don't know enough about the characters or simply don't care.
Its pretty obvious from that post that such a distinction was never made clear. In fact, its pretty obvious that comment was targeting the artists that work on these pieces more than anyone.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #1527
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Try looking back a few pages to the initial comment I replied to by HeavyMetalSpike.

Its pretty obvious from that post that such a distinction was never made clear. In fact, its pretty obvious that comment was targeting the artists that work on these pieces more than anyone.

This is nothing short of laughable

Old 10-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #1528
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Yes, your initial comment is. Glad we got that straight!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #1529
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Yes, your initial comment is. Glad we got that straight!

Old 10-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #1530
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Oh god, its basically the "argument by repetition", one of the most logically fallacious debating methods known to exist. I usually only see this level of nonsense displayed by fanboys on videogame websites. Kinda depressing its now seeped its way on to Staue Forum.