Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 AM   #511
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Not cancelling anything.Keeping Rambo and Myers no matter how long it takes.If you REALLY wanted the statue everybody could have waited for them.Now everyone saw a quick cash out and taking advantage.
Or the fact that the last couple years that after/during release the pieces go for crazy discounts and it makes you feel cheated that you PO'd two years prior for more money?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #512
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Damn, didn't realize they were closed Saturday. I was going to wait until today as I've had a busy week, I really wish they'd give us more than a weeks notice. Going to send an email and hope it gets sorted.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #513
Ma Chao
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post

Hmmm why did they tell me that PP is not an option?

Unbelievable.
I spoke with two different CS, and both of them said that refund through PP and credit card are not possible at this moment. I already agree to cancel my order and get the Sideshow credit. Think it's possible to ask them again to change the refund to PP?
Ma Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #514
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I just sent a request for a refund on all my orders(paid in full already). It's weird that some have said they could and some can't, I wonder if the paid in full vs deposits(less money) is the difference? It would be a big relief to get a refund, but a SS credit would be Ok I guess. I'll browse the SS site a bit, some of the Berserk P1 statues look nice!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #515
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
Strongly disagree. I wanted the statues I ordered. There's just too much uncertainty to keep my money tied up for another year. If they get released, are of good quality, and I'm still interested in them, I'll look to purchase them then.
Never going to happen.Something else will get you interested and purchase that.So initially you were not interested to begin with.Like most some jumped on the hype train.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #516
Redsaleen
Justice League

All you people canceling is just going to lead to the cancelation of certain statues. There is no point to make something is half the orders were canceled.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #517
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Never going to happen.Something else will get you interested and purchase that.So initially you were not interested to begin with.Like most some jumped on the hype train.
Priorities change in years of waiting though...I'm going to cancel 3 awesome statues(1/3 Chun Li, Sagat and Goro) even though they're amazing because I'm wanting to downsize and get a more focused collection. And if I have to get a SS credit instead there's some statues released since then that I like better...also wouldn't it make sense to pay $300 aftermarket than $400 to keep an order? Those discounts add up when you're talking multiple statues.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #518
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
All you people canceling is just going to lead to the cancelation of certain statues. There is no point to make something is half the orders were canceled.
Hmm...not really.

I'm not thrilled to see canceling en masse either, but the Sideshow business model isn't the same as PCS. Sideshow don't need to sell out initially to survive and/or build hype. And they can warehouse and discount items for a long time after release.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #519
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Who am I to argue with a total stranger that clearly knows me better then I do?

I was late to the party. Had no idea they even existed. I actually chased these down. Scorpion EX had long since sold out and I had made a couple of attempts to get them through transfers that fell through. Then after couple of attempts through PCS, I managed to get him, and was still able to get the Sub EX with it. The only hype I got caught up with was my own hype seeing how incredibly cool these prototypes looked.

At this point in time I'm just really skeptical that if these do make it to release, that they'll live up to my expectations. If I'm wrong, no loss. I'm sure I'll be able to buy them again. At the very least I've avoided the worse case scenario that PCS goes out of business, and then SSC only offers credit. My money is now my money until I spend it on something that can be guaranteed to be delivered in a timely manner.

And back to hype. It's the companie's responsibility to take advantage of that hype and get the statues into the hands of the customers while the hype is still there. When they fail to do that...
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #520
sifucatman
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto View Post

Hmmm why did they tell me that PP is not an option?

Unbelievable.
Did you pay via PayPal? I was given the option of in store credit or paypal. Which is how I paid for the NRD.
sifucatman is offline   Reply With Quote