Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
ETStatues
Doh!

SS Replacement statues

I'm new to posting. So forgive me if this is not the right area for this question. I had received a faulty piece from SS and requested a replacement. I received a box that had blue tape securing the top. Is this an indication that the piece had been previously returned? Just asking since the "new" piece had issues as well.
ETStatues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETStatues View Post
I'm new to posting. So forgive me if this is not the right area for this question. I had received a faulty piece from SS and requested a replacement. I received a box that had blue tape securing the top. Is this an indication that the piece had been previously returned? Just asking since the "new" piece had issues as well.
Could be, but it could also have been opened for inspection by SS. But if it has issues again that sucks!!
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

usually means someone opened it for whatever reason. If the replacement has issues I would definitely request another replacement or ask for your money back.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:41 AM   #4
srttoz
Mephisto

I recently got a replacement hand for my Magneto statue (a year later lol) and mine came all wrapped up nicely in a small brown box. No blue tape or anything. I wonder if it was just a mistake or if it got opened by UPS or something. Who knows. Either way contact them again and get another replacement.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:03 AM   #5
ETStatues
Doh!

Thanks for the replies. I've received small replacement parts from them in the past in small boxes. For this one however, it was a complete statue replacement, which is why I thought it was a little odd to have the brown shipper boxes with blue tape only at the top. In any case, I'm hoping to get another replacement or refund.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

@ET I don't know if this is anything but I got my P1 Hush Batman through SS. The first 1 came damaged and the replacement had blue tape on the box. That came damaged too. When I returned the replacement the next one they shipped out had blue tape and came in a basic brown cardboard box. Also my Arkham Origins Batman came in a random brown box with blue tape.

I contacted SS and apparently if pieces are at a low stock they can't promise you will get an actual brown shipper if their stock is damaged. It's even in their terms of service. They just slap a generated number sticker on the box and call it a day. As for the blue tape I think it's them checking it over but if the tape around the Styrofoam is clear and not pierced I got nuthin.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #7
ETStatues
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
@ET I don't know if this is anything but I got my P1 Hush Batman through SS. The first 1 came damaged and the replacement had blue tape on the box. That came damaged too. When I returned the replacement the next one they shipped out had blue tape and came in a basic brown cardboard box. Also my Arkham Origins Batman came in a random brown box with blue tape.

I contacted SS and apparently if pieces are at a low stock they can't promise you will get an actual brown shipper if their stock is damaged. It's even in their terms of service. They just slap a generated number sticker on the box and call it a day. As for the blue tape I think it's them checking it over but if the tape around the Styrofoam is clear and not pierced I got nuthin.
Thanks for the insight. I'm guessing it was SS opening to inspect/adjust pieces. The tape on the foam was clear. But I did notice that the metallic sticker that usually goes over the styrofoam seam was just stuck on the bottom of the lower half. Oh well. Wish they would have "inspected" it a little better. Would have saved them some hassle and a bunch on shipping.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
you will never receive new statue as replacement, if they do a full replacement, it will always be b-stock - someone else's return.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #9
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
you will never receive new statue as replacement, if they do a full replacement, it will always be b-stock - someone else's return.
Maybe or maybe not. I was informed that replacement stock, at least when pieces have just come out are a completely separate batch from the initial one for shipping (which in my case was received a few weeks later). I received my Wolverine PF with an issue, and as such got a full replacement (which also had blue tape on the shipper by the way). I checked it over and I couldn’t find any issues and I’m sort of a nitpicker who goes over my statues with a fine tooth comb and a torchlight! Also one of the reasons they ask for your edition number is so that they can write it on the bottom of the replacement base etc (though of course if I was a conspiracy theorist I could suggest that they simply slap on a new sticker to a returned base).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:08 AM   #10
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
But if there's no issues with the replacement then what's the problem? They have to recycle statues that customers return. Sometimes it's terrible with a splat of paint to cover a problem, But other times if there's no issues. Then is perfectly ok.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote