Maxwell>Jordan

Look it up!
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #22
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaster1 View Post
You guys are hilarious! Most of you probably never saw Jordan play live as an adult and the rest of you never played organized sports. This is argument is taking place on STATUEFORUM! LOL! The fact of the matter is that basketball is not tennis. There are a variety of uncontrollable factors when there are 10 guys on the court. I'm a year older than Jordan and I saw Jordan play in person several times, he could take over a game and do things better than anyone before him. But, his first 6 years in the league he couldn't get to the finals. It wasn't because of his ability or skill, it was the players around him and maybe the coaching. There is no argument for me that LeBron's skillset is wider than Jordan's. He is much bigger and can score and defend any position. He averages more career assists than Jordan. He has more 3's made than Jordan. Otherwise they are pretty much even stat-wise. More rings does not mean better or greater. If that were the standard, then Bill Russell is the GOAT.
Oh look, someone behind a keyboard making broad assumptions about people on the internet. Haven't seen that before.

You find it funny that this conversation is taking place on a "statue forum" yet you yourself are on a "statue forum" partaking in said discussion. You sit there making assumptions about people on a "statue forum" talking about basketball yet here you are on a "statue forum" talking about basketball like some self proclaimed expert on the sport. Why are your thoughts on the discussion more valid than anyone else's? Because you said so? Right....

Not like it matters since anything I claim can and probably will be dismissed by anyone just like your comments can be, but I've actually played basketball for most of my life. I started for my high school's varsity team as a power forward for 3 years. I grew up near Miami watching Hardaway, Alonzo, and Mashburn. I actually had the pleasure of personally witnessing Jordan dispatch my Heat team with ease in 97. The only time in my life that I was OK watching the Heat lose.

But please, continue making assumptions about people you don't know on the internet based on the extremely limited information you have available to you. "They buy statues. What could they possibly know about basketball." Ridiculous.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #23
monomaster1
Sinister Six

I think we're talking about a comparison between Jordan and LeBron and how there is somehow a dislike and disregard for what LeBron is doing in the present compared to what Jordan did in the past. My point is that the 'broad assumption' that more rings makes Jordan better is not really an analysis but more of an emotional feeling.

BTW, I buy statues. I build model kits.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #24
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I think we're talking about a comparison between Jordan and LeBron and how there is somehow a dislike and disregard for what LeBron is doing in the present compared to what Jordan did in the past. My point is that the 'broad assumption' that more rings makes Jordan better is not really an analysis but more of an emotional feeling.
I understand what the topic of the thread is. However, I was only addressing the misplaced, ignorant and hypocritical assumptions you were making about those weighing in on this topic.

Quote:
BTW, I buy statues. I build model kits.
Exactly my point. So why come in here and start spewing baseless assumptions about those discussing the topic simply because it happens to take place on an unrelated hobby/interest?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
monomaster1
Sinister Six

LOL! I think you have ignorant, misplaced assumptions.

The only one not talking about sports is YOU!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #26
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
LOL! I think you have ignorant, misplaced assumptions.
Oh really? And what exactly would those assumptions be?

Quote:
The only one not talking about sports is YOU!
Huh? Who is claiming someone isn't talking about sports?
Old 06-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Watching that Boston/LA 30 for 30 made me miss the old school style of the NBA.
What a great documentary I am finished the first two episodes on the third to go. I agree basketball was a much different game in the 80's
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:31 PM   #28
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I agree XForce.

I also get it. Yeah he broke records. Pretty much gonna happen to when you have to physically carry your team to the finals (to most likely choke and lose). Funny thing is he was upset for Durant going to GS but it's NO different than him leaving to Miami or going back to Cleveland. He actually started the trend that making basketball less enjoyable as a fan. For me at least.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #29
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I guess coming back from being down 3-1 last year doesn't matter . . . choking is choking, right?
No, choking is a superior Miami team loaded with talent losing to the Dallas Mavericks in the Finals. That doesn't happen with MJ. Not ever.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #30
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Surprised there are some defenders. It a lost cause. A sports section is a nice mix-up on this forum.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote