Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #1181
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Interestingly enough Sideshow has a poll on it's blog for which version of Ivy you prefer. Hush is currently in front. Every vote counts so don't waste it
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/pol...your-favorite/
Good lord.. I am seeing that Hush Ivy for the first time.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #1182
Vendetta
The X-Men

It’s neat that you can see votes by region, gender, etc. I wish I could see how many votes are coming from California for the PF.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #1183
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Yea it's very interesting Like what's going on Panama? 100% Uma Thurman

*It is only 2 votes though
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #1184
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I feel like this Poison Ivy statue fits in with the look of the new Sideshow Batman statue if you were collecting this whole line. Otherwise she doesn't really hold a candle ( Imo) to the OG Poison Ivy outside of the possible better paint apps.
The green with envy is still the best 1/4 ivy to date imo, i like this new one too though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #1185
ukshaun
Hercules

Ever since this piece was revealed i have had a love hate thing going on. I like the base, i like the sculpt, i like the portrait of the Reg. I didn't think much of the EX portrait, and i had issue with the layout of the ivy, and would have preferred the ivy vines to be dark-green not brown. Then there was the neck seam. As a result i held of pre-ordering.

Yesterday i re-evaluted the piece and poured over the images. I also had $75 worth of SS points to use. Thus i hit the Poison Ivy pre-order button, as i knew i wanted this piece in my collection. I just hope the factory performs a super job

The winter blues are kicking in, and the thought of pieces heading my way helps to lift those blues.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #1186
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Ever since this piece was revealed i have had a love hate thing going on. I like the base, i like the sculpt, i like the portrait of the Reg. I didn't think much of the EX portrait, and i had issue with the layout of the ivy, and would have preferred the ivy vines to be dark-green not brown. Then there was the neck seam. As a result i held of pre-ordering.

Yesterday i re-evaluted the piece and poured over the images. I also had $75 worth of SS points to use. Thus i hit the Poison Ivy pre-order button, as i knew i wanted this piece in my collection. I just hope the factory performs a super job

The winter blues are kicking in, and the thought of pieces heading my way helps to lift those blues.

I will also own this when it comes out but it's ship date is so far out with so many DC pieces shipping between now and than I'm waiting to pull the trigger.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #1187
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm still debating this piece. I just got the print and would have loved if the PF had matched that. My two issues are I would have rather had a flesh tone skin option like the original or a lighter green. She looks too Jolly Green Giant frozen peas color to me. The other issue is the P1 Hush PO is farrrrrrrrrrr superior to this piece space concerns aside.

I also think this piece would benefit better with a constant moving lazy susan. I find a lot of pieces now present themselves far better sitting on one.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #1188
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm still debating this piece. I just got the print and would have loved if the PF had matched that. My two issues are I would have rather had a flesh tone skin option like the original or a lighter green. She looks too Jolly Green Giant frozen peas color to me. The other issue is the P1 Hush PO is farrrrrrrrrrr superior to this piece space concerns aside.

I also think this piece would benefit better with a constant moving lazy susan. I find a lot of pieces now present themselves far better sitting on one.
The Prime 1 piece is amazing. I'm doing all i can to hold off pre_ordering. The size, the price.. come 2019, who knows?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #1189
Comic69
Frackin!

I also like the controversial Sideshow Ivy, but I changed my PO to a P1-Ivy PO. I think that the P1 Ivy is looking more dangerous and more seductive (I hope this is the right word...). In addition the P1-base is amazing.

Okay, P1 Ivy is clearly more expensive, but she is imho the perfect Ivy.
Comic69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #1190
rich005
Frackin!

Can you guys please share your opinion please? Do you think this setup would look good?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ic-9948.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	764.4 KB
ID:	118544  
rich005 is offline   Reply With Quote