Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #791
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

This is sculpted by Will one of the best digital sculptors out there. This will be The Thanos to own. Just hope I can swing it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #792
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This is sculpted by Will one of the best digital sculptors out there. This will be The Thanos to own. Just hope I can swing it.
Can always opt for FlexPay. They honestly have pretty decent plans for these more expensive pieces - normally up to 8 payments.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #793
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Will harbottle is doing this? If so I would say it's going to be the best thanos for me. I love everything he does and I know others will as well. I bought my xm thanos for 1800.00 at the time so might have to take a lost on it if I sell him. Not sure if I really need two thanos with so little space. Will see the SS one first. But anyways already know it won't be a day one po due to the price but a buy later down the road thing just like the new deadpool.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #794
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I'm reserving judgement on this piece until I see the full reveal when it goes up for preorder next November.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #795
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

The tease looks good! Who doesn't like the skulls on the throne! Can't wait to see more!!! If the design is epic, this will be my first ever villain statue from any company and from SS. What a way to dip my feet into comic villains! How about we get an Atrocitus, Doomsday, Magneto, Loki and Doc Ock!!! Comic versions of course please!!!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #796
Jayfoghorn
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy89 View Post
Really lol pretty confident this sideshow piece will destroy XM thanos

Well depends on what you're looking for. I'm sure SS thanos will be greatly detailed and an awesome sculpt but it's not classic comic accurate. Xm thanos is the best in regards to 1/4 scale. The Bowen thanos take the cake imo too bad they're 1/6
Jayfoghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #797
SuperJ300
Zot

Someone has just done this!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #798
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Can always opt for FlexPay. They honestly have pretty decent plans for these more expensive pieces - normally up to 8 payments.
This might be the first time i use the payment plan, bulls is right - this will be the one to own
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #799
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
If it was 1/4, it'd be a PF. None of the other PFs you mentioned are MAQs.
Quote:
Ok, thanks for setting me straight

None of the other pieces are as large as Thanos would be, and none are on a throne.

But, you're right. I'm totally sure Sideshow would make Thanos 1/5 or 1/3 and then advertise it to go along with their 1/4 GOTG pieces.
Quote:
It's not about setting you straight. It's about getting a straight answer as to what scale Thanos is in. By SSC's very definition, any 1/4 piece is a PF. Has there previously been a Marvel MAQ in true 1/4 scale? Most collectors want a 1/4 scale Thanos. Can you say with absolute certainty that this MAQ is 1/4 scale? Unless Igo or someone from SSC says this is in 1/4 scale, it's possible that it's not.
Quote:
Nope, but that doesn't seem to stop other people like yourself from all but claiming you know it's NOT 1/4 scale.

Speculation works both ways.

Igo has specifically stated at least once or twice that this is going to be a big piece. So, if it's not 1/4 scale, then I really don't know what other scale it would be since Sideshow doesn't make 1/3 scale, and this is not being classified as an LSF (1/2 scale).
Quote:
Jeez, you are a broken record. PF=1/4 scale. I didn't set that definition, SSC did. This piece is a MAQ. I ask again since you have all the answers...what other Marvel MAQ did SSC release in 1/4 scale? Name one. If you can, I'll say it's possible that this MAQ is a 1/4 piece. If you can't, I'll say yet again, it's POSSIBLE this Thanos MAQ isn't 1/4 scale no matter how much you insist otherwise.
Quote:
LOL I'm a broken record? You've stated 3 times in the last PAGE that PF = 1/4 and that because this is a maquette, it can't be 1/4.

If this isn't 1/4, then so be it. But, that would be pretty sketchy for them to advertise it as a companion piece for 5 other 1/4 scale statues.

Get over yourself.
Norhtern is right, maquettes can be 1/4 and most are. The first War Machine Maquette was 1/4, same with Iron Patriot, and the Avengers movie Hulk Maquette.

I usually don't like sitting statues and already have a custom 1/4 Thanos but I may just get this.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #800
Chiefs1313
Frackin!

Any guess to when po will go up?
Chiefs1313 is offline   Reply With Quote