Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #331
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
They should be a great team for a long time. Lots of young talent. The future is bright.
As a Die hard 49er fan, we are basically in the same boat...But You guys winning the SB might hurt you in the long run...With a Hard Cap players on your team are going to want to get paid (Champion's get a little more after winning...look at Flacco)...no way you can pay and keep every key starter...Football is not like it was way back when, teams just can not hold on to all the greats on the team.. Granted they will/should be good for a long time with the young talent...but it is a business in the End. Wilson, Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor Etc will all get/and deserve big Contracts.

Again as a 49er fan I hope the 9ers and Hawks get to keep most of the players (love the rivalry)...they are by far the wave of the future in the NFL...and to me the SB was played two weeks ago, they just called it the NFC Championship game.

Again Congrats to the Hawks...Well deserved.
This is just the way I see things playing out within the next year, I am not trying to take anything away from what was a huge win yesterday by Seattle.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #332
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah the Hawks will have to make some decisions. Wilson and Sherman still have a year before they get their deals but we have 5 free agents next year I believe so we'll see. Nice thing is the team is already deep. Someone leaves they can usually plug another in their place and so far its worked.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #333
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Salary cap goes up every year also, so I'm pretty sure they can back load some contracts of free agents they sign this year with signing bonuses, and then redoing their contracts 2-3 years down the line in more signing bonuses that spread out the cap hit for guys like Michael Bennett (which I hope they do lock up and sign to a 3-5 year deal). I also hope they keep Cliff Avril when his contract is up, hopefully all those years of losing in Detroit persuades him to keep with the good thing he has in Seattle.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote