Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #61
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
I can get behind that thinking.

Maybe a compromise would be... mid-killing Jaba with the chain... diorama? We get the outfit and respect for the character.

A cool angry face option would be kinda badass too. Just saying.
Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with the slave Leia as a statue. She was beautiful and memorable. My only thought on this is that after Carries passing it would be a misss that SSs first commemoration of the character be that when it's quite difficult to find a good princess, general, or endor outfit Leia on the market today.

There seems to just be an over-representation of the character like that when there is so much potential to get behind who she actually was as a character.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #62
ambasah
Red Skull

I believe the mouse axed any future representations of the character in the bikini...at least for now (the decision was made well before Carrie's passing).
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #63
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I believe the mouse axed any future representations of the character in the bikini...at least for now (the decision was made well before Carrie's passing).

I have heard the same thing. The little mouse doesn't appreciate the words woman and slave in a same sentence.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #64
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Leia, to me, represents a beautiful dominant strong feminine character. The Hutt degraded her to his amusement and stripped her of her power. Her murder of Jabba was a pinnacle moment for her character which was why SHE had to do it and not be "saved" from her chain.
True. This made her that much more compelling of a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
But that's not why people buy the slave Leia. They buy her like that because she has no clothes on.

Is she hot in that outfit? Absolutely. But that outfit is not at all what the mythos of Leia Organa represents to anyone who thinks past the b*ner they got back when they were 10 years old. Its actually the complete opposite of who she is.
I understand your points here, but I disagree.

There's no reason why a woman can't be powerful AND sexy in the same sentence.

And for the record, I don't think you need to be 10 years old to get a chubby for admiring a woman's physique.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #65
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
True. This made her that much more compelling of a character.

I understand your points here, but I disagree.

There's no reason why a woman can't be powerful AND sexy in the same sentence.

And for the record, I don't think you need to be 10 years old to get a chubby for admiring a woman's physique.
Bring it Hanky.
Have men become so conditioned by society's SJWs that we aren't even allowed what we naturally enjoy?

The outfit is a fantasy and what's the problem with that? If you think Carrie Fisher never enjoyed being desirable to men then you're delusional.

So she couldn't only attract the men she wanted, boo phuking hoo. She cashed that paycheck.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #66
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Bring it Hanky.
Have men become so conditioned by society's SJWs that we aren't even allowed what we naturally enjoy?

The outfit is a fantasy and what's the problem with that? If you think Carrie Fisher never enjoyed being desirable to men then you're delusional.

So she couldn't only attract the men she wanted, boo phuking hoo. She cashed that paycheck.
She liked it when she was in her 20's when she was hot but once she hit her 50's and was overweight then she thought it was sexist and blame Lucas and the producers for putting her in that outfit. That's why she told Daisy Ridley to never let them put you in a sexy outfit.

It's a bit hypocritical because women love attention if there young and hot but once they get older and lose their hotness then they get bitter about it. And somehow it's all the men's fault...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #67
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
She liked it when she was in her 20's when she was hot but once she hit her 50's and was overweight then she thought it was sexist and blame Lucas and the producers for putting her in that outfit. That's why she told Daisy Ridley to never let them put you in a sexy outfit.

It's a bit hypocritical because women love attention if there young and hot but once they get older and lose their hotness then they get bitter about it. And somehow it's all the men's fault...
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #68
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

dude that's just perfectly correct analysed
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #69
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Bring it Hanky.

So you're saying, just because you disagree with something you should give up the pay for the remainder of the work you did?

You can have ideals, but you still need to survive, even if it means doing somethings you disagree with. Especially in a time when the objectification of women was hardly even talked about.

Quote:

You know this for a fact? Or are you just putting your own view of women in general onto her?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #70
dechirico7
The Flash

I understand Carrie's attitude towards the "slave" outfit. It was what most people associate her with. Men were obviously going to focus on it. But, as a woman, I found the whole costume, role, situation inspiring and strong. She was put in an extremely vulnerable situation and came out of it flawlessly.

So, my point....I don't really care what version they do. She was strong in every scene. My concern will be the portrait. It has to be right on. And I don't mean on the proto, but the production pieces released. I will wait til I see in hand pics.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote