Old 08-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #521
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I don't see anyone here crying.

You got a smart mouth there tough guy.

Don't wanna discuss something- read on

Unless my English is really very very bad, I never pretended anyone was crying in this thread. You used the word "crying", so am I. I simply said what I thought on the fact of collecting.
If you do not like my way of saying it, I agree that it is not an interesting subject for a discussion.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:03 AM   #522
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Prime 1 for the most part, has been selling their 1:3 lines around or at the new SS standard 1:4 price margin. Lately with P1 it still seems so, unless it a bigger (literally) character. Example Mr Freeze.

As far as P1 1:4 goes- I have not seen any in person yet but do think the prices are too high.

For as much heat as this might stir-
There is nothing special about generic looking pieces being pumped out by digital artists. IMO- I can respect digital art- but if you want a high price for that replicated statue- it better have blood sweat and tears put into it(meaning hand sculpted).
I respect it. I can't draw a box for grapes sake. But there is a massive difference between the two styles. I don't want the- well these new sculpting tools work just like doing it by hand-NO. It's BS.
It gives people that don't have the time and or resources a way to enjoy the art and hobby of sculpting.

I compare this to my other hobbies and passions. Just like guitars pedals and amps- The market flies high then bottoms out, the. Crawls back to normal

I'm telling ya- patience is our friend

Let the impulse buyers do us a favor and sell us their statues later down the road for hundreds less because these companies screwed up and overpriced the over saturated market.
Due to space and cash, i have cut down somewhat. I have just 4 statues on pre order. 2x 1/3 (PCS) 2x 1/4 (Sideshow)
From what i can see, most of Prime 1 statues are 1/3 and sellers ask $1000+ on ebay

XM have a statue i might be interested, when it arrives.
While i don't own anything from Prime 1, the plan is own atleast one Prime 1 statue in the future. Maybe Catwoman Dark Knight, or Laura Street Fighter, should either show up
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #523
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well, I pre-ordered Lady D... and of course had to order Deadpool Heatseeker to go with it.

I mean, I can't have one without its companion piece now, can I?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:54 AM   #524
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Due to space and cash, i have cut down somewhat. I have just 4 statues on pre order. 2x 1/3 (PCS) 2x 1/4 (Sideshow)
From what i can see, most of Prime 1 statues are 1/3 and sellers ask $1000+ on ebay

XM have a statue i might be interested, when it arrives.
While i don't own anything from Prime 1, the plan is own atleast one Prime 1 statue in the future. Maybe Catwoman Dark Knight, or Laura Street Fighter, should either show up
Nice!
I still have Lex on preorder lol. Really can't wait to get him. Also 4 SS and 5 P1 on order. After these I may be done or start selling least favorites for newer statues.
Space and money man. It kills ya. Lol
I don't have a massive collection. I dig a smaller display because I haven't made my man cave yet. So, every few months I switch the statues up and it keeps it fresh(and fun). Then when I get my cave/Theatre, I have a lot of Original art I would rather have up.

This hobby is moving too damn fast to keep up. To fast to see.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #525
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Nice!
I still have Lex on preorder lol. Really can't wait to get him. Also 4 SS and 5 P1 on order. After these I may be done or start selling least favorites for newer statues.
Space and money man. It kills ya. Lol
I don't have a massive collection. I dig a smaller display because I haven't made my man cave yet. So, every few months I switch the statues up and it keeps it fresh(and fun). Then when I get my cave/Theatre, I have a lot of Original art I would rather have up.

This hobby is moving too damn fast to keep up. To fast to see.
Similar plans here. In the long term i too plan a cinema room, with statues at the rear, screen at the front, seating in the middle, posters, art-prints on the side walls. With no sun-light, so the statues shold remain in good shape. So far there is not a single statue i own i want to sell
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #526
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Similar plans here. In the long term i too plan a cinema room, with statues at the rear, screen at the front, seating in the middle, posters, art-prints on the side walls. With no sun-light, so the statues shold remain in good shape. So far there is not a single statue i own i want to sell
I just made a list and am selling all my -Ehhh, I could live without pieces, last week. It feels good. Lol.
What's funny are what I consider my must keeps.
Cinema room all the way. .
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #527
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Would be cool if SS made a cable pf, considering he's in the next movie.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #528
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Prime 1 for the most part, has been selling their 1:3 lines around or at the new SS standard 1:4 price margin. Lately with P1 it still seems so, unless it a bigger (literally) character. Example Mr Freeze.

As far as P1 1:4 goes- I have not seen any in person yet but do think the prices are too high.

For as much heat as this might stir-
There is nothing special about generic looking pieces being pumped out by digital artists. IMO- I can respect digital art- but if you want a high price for that replicated statue- it better have blood sweat and tears put into it(meaning hand sculpted).
I respect it. I can't draw a box for grapes sake. But there is a massive difference between the two styles. I don't want the- well these new sculpting tools work just like doing it by hand-NO. It's BS.
It gives people that don't have the time and or resources a way to enjoy the art and hobby of sculpting.

I compare this to my other hobbies and passions. Just like guitars pedals and amps- The market flies high then bottoms out, the. Crawls back to normal

I'm telling ya- patience is our friend

Let the impulse buyers do us a favor and sell us their statues later down the road for hundreds less because these companies screwed up and overpriced the over saturated market.

I like this idea. I'm getting sick of paying retail only to see it going for 150.00 to 600.00 less later down the road. Some xm see going for 600.00 less than what I paid and ss mostly around 150.00 to 250.00 average.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #529
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Would be cool if SS made a cable pf, considering he's in the next movie.
I want Steve Schumacher or Harbottle to do it. Those two guys never disappoints on portraits and sculpts. The magneto I'm not going to bring it since it's being revised.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #530
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I'm also out of space have no idea where to display all this stuff.