Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-17-2017, 12:52 AM   #61
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I couldn't agree more! I personally disliked the XM version.
This one from Iron Studios is more realistic which is probably why I like it so much, XM's is more cartoony (comic book style)... I have XM's Punisher and it is an awesome piece but I'm not sure you could really compare the two since they went in different art directions...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:11 AM   #62
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I couldn't agree more! I personally disliked the XM version.
Yes, I think XM changed theirs too much in the end.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #63
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This one from Iron Studios is more realistic which is probably why I like it so much, XM's is more cartoony (comic book style)... I have XM's Punisher and it is an awesome piece but I'm not sure you could really compare the two since they went in different art directions...
I think this Iron Studios is the best looking Punisher I have seen thus far. But I don't get the cartooniness of XM Punisher by any means.

I want to say I think I know what you mean...but not sure.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:47 AM   #64
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think this Iron Studios is the best looking Punisher I have seen thus far. But I don't get the cartooniness of XM Punisher by any means.

I want to say I think I know what you mean...but not sure.

I'm just saying it leans more towards a cartoon style vs a realistic style which is the case with most XM statues. Nothing wrong with that, it's just the art direction XM tends to go in...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #65
SONICobra
Batman

its hard to believe it took someone this long to really get this character right in a large scale statue. there has always been something disappointing or off with each one released so far imo - this is pretty much perfect
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #66
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm just saying it leans more towards a cartoon style vs a realistic style which is the case with most XM statues. Nothing wrong with that, it's just the art direction XM tends to go in...
I totally understand your point and I personally like comic style a lot (I own many) but I have to give iron Studios the kudos because I honestly believe that the level of detail (especially regarding his skin and all the textures) requires way more work and craftsmanship than XM's Punisher. (But I can also be totally wrong, after all). And I am in no way trying to diminish XM's work, which I find admirable.

In that sense, I believe Iron Studios' version is superior.

On a more personal side, I believe that the realistic representation route suits Punisher better. But that's highly personal.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #67
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its hard to believe it took someone this long to really get this character right in a large scale statue. there has always been something disappointing or off with each one released so far imo - this is pretty much perfect
+1. I would add Captain America to that list as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #68
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
The headsculpt on this is maybe one of the best I've ever seen. The comic collector in me would like a more 1st appearance costume look. Considering the comiquette is 1/5 scale and pricey, the PF is not great (albeit pretty cheap), the XM is pricey and hit/miss on the motorcycle and pose, this will probably be the best option for a lot of people for the foreseeable future.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #69
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
The headsculpt on this is maybe one of the best I've ever seen. The comic collector in me would like a more 1st appearance costume look. Considering the comiquette is 1/5 scale and pricey, the PF is not great (albeit pretty cheap), the XM is pricey and hit/miss on the motorcycle and pose, this will probably be the best option for a lot of people for the foreseeable future.
I think you summarized it perfectly. This likely won't be more than $700 IMO, and the sculpt, pose and facial details are nearly perfect. The only real competition to this piece IMO are the 2 recent comstoms from Vision and ResinMechanix which are both long sold out. The comiquette is out do to 1/5 size and XM is just ok for what it is.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #70
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I think you summarized it perfectly. This likely won't be more than $700 IMO, and the sculpt, pose and facial details are nearly perfect. The only real competition to this piece IMO are the 2 recent comstoms from Vision and ResinMechanix which are both long sold out. The comiquette is out do to 1/5 size and XM is just ok for what it is.
Yeah i've seen on resin mechanix facebook page the custom looks terrific, paintjob is excellent on it! pose and switchouts too..even better than this one i must say... Punisher is my favourite anti hero comic character so i have to add this IS Franck Castle to my collection, he is just too good !
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote