Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #2421
bat22
Frackin!

I did get a little nervous earlier but the display cabinet is an Ikea Klingsbo. On the website they say "max load/shelf: 55 lbs", and I believe it. The glass shelves together must have added more to the overall weight than the metal frame.

The only trouble is that the display cabinet is optimal for my shorter MOTU Classics figures than statues over 10 inches. There's so much "breathing space" between those four groups it's not even funny, esp. when I have two groups boxed.
bat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #2422
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
I did get a little nervous earlier but the display cabinet is an Ikea Klingsbo. On the website they say "max load/shelf: 55 lbs", and I believe it. The glass shelves together must have added more to the overall weight than the metal frame.

The only trouble is that the display cabinet is optimal for my shorter MOTU Classics figures than statues over 10 inches. There's so much "breathing space" between those four groups it's not even funny, esp. when I have two groups boxed.
Can you post pictures of the Klingsbo with the statues inside? I currently use the Detolf but I find that it is running out of space and I can't fit taller statues like Thor museum. I would just love to see how the klingsbo looks with statues in it. Thanks
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:22 AM   #2423
bat22
Frackin!

Here you are. It looked much busier w/ my MOTU Classics figures. W/ the Bowens, not even the Wolvie museum statue minus his booster base can clear the allocated height, so five shelves become two.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #2424
Bob Morton

Quote:
Here you are. It looked much busier w/ my MOTU Classics figures. W/ the Bowens, not even the Wolvie museum statue minus his booster base can clear the allocated height, so five shelves become two.

Thank you. With the bowens inside is it possible to put a third shelf or will that make the spaces between shelves too small to put Bownes? Do you have a detolf? I put mine in detolf and wanted to know what the difference was between the two shelves in terms of bowen statue capacity? Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #2425
bat22
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Thank you. With the bowens inside is it possible to put a third shelf or will that make the spaces between shelves too small to put Bownes? Do you have a detolf? I put mine in detolf and wanted to know what the difference was between the two shelves in terms of bowen statue capacity? Thanks again.
I don't have a Detolf for comparison though 13 pounds is what Ikea says is the max load per shelf.

Without trying some welding trick to close the gaps, the only way to get a create a third shelf would be to bring down the top set of statues by one level and open up the roof. The marker by Rogue's knee is where the third level would start. I've tried that but it exposes your statues to the outside - and the Klingsbo doors aren't completely closed off to dust - and you've got the cabinet frame obscuring the view as you crank your neck up (I'm about 5'3").
Old 04-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #2426
Bob Morton

Quote:
I don't have a Detolf for comparison though 13 pounds is what Ikea says is the max load per shelf.

Without trying some welding trick to close the gaps, the only way to get a create a third shelf would be to bring down the top set of statues by one level and open up the roof. The marker by Rogue's knee is where the third level would start. I've tried that but it exposes your statues to the outside - and the Klingsbo doors aren't completely closed off to dust - and you've got the cabinet frame obscuring the view as you crank your neck up (I'm about 5'3").
Thanks buddy!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #2427
bat22
Frackin!

You're welcome. My brother makes use of the Ikea Besta as seen w/ these others; however, he says they no longer come w/ doors.

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f92/ric...tion-6438.html
Old 04-15-2015, 11:38 PM   #2428
QOBrien67
Frackin!

My collection is wimpy, but I just picked up the Deadpool Faux Bronze. I just won an AP proof Thanos Faux Bronze today I'll be posting as soon as it gets here.

IT HAS BEGUN!

QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #2429
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick_knick View Post
I agree .
I think the Rhino is a great statue .
Lots of detail.
I know people want him as big as the Hulk but he's a man in a rhino suit. He's not an 8 ft tall monster!

It's not the Shiflett Bros absolute best work but I 'm glad to have it in my collection !
I disagree. Rhino is always drawn as a huge hulking monster. He's supposed to look way bigger than spidey. Database lists him as 7'4 and even taller in armor. To each his own but I cannot stand the Rhino statue. The scale, look all is off imo.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 AM   #2430
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Deadpool action statue
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote