Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #71
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Grails can change and I agree it's kind of subjective.

My Thanos on Throne is a grail piece to me because despite the small blemishes, it is one of the most iconic capturing of the mad titan in statue form.

On the other hand right now I'd consider the modern warlock a grail of mine because I've been wanting one for over a year. I know he is technically obtainable... I just am not comfortable with the prices I'm seeing on eBay so I can't afford him yet. Still out of reach!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyW View Post
I agree with the price issue completely!

Those that still remember me from back in the day know I would pay what it took to get what I wanted. Now, as my collecting slows down, price and product are major concerns dictating whether I get what I want or more importantly, whether I get my grail.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #72
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penoy View Post
I actually stopped looking to own this but yay for fellow collectors hooking others up --

As much as I miss having the missing Marvel characters we were suppossed to get, i'd like to see Randy work with creator owned properties again as well. There are so much to work with now too!
Definitely. Hellboy is a great example of that.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #73
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Infinity Gauntlet Thanos Museum is my grail

sadly it is way too expensive at ebay now

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #74
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd consider that Hellboy a Grail. Something I'd love to own but likely never will.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #75
Spyderz
Frackin!

its remarkable how well prices have held for most bowen pieces on the aftermarket, considering the onslaught of 1/4 statues from companies aside from SS (XM,P1, IA etc..)
i have seen some collectors liquidating 1/6 bowens on the premise of shifting their attention to the 1/4 initially during the same period XM starting gaining traction, due to more details, but that 1/4 market is slowly gaining momentum to become a bubble ready to be burst due to market saturation and reducing display space.
even XM has already fallen prey to the competion in the aftermarket pricing within the Southeast Asia market, despite XM origins being in Singapore
i myself focus on acquiring bowen pieces (sadly on aftermarket prices), but i dont see myself selling them off as they will still remain a focal point of my statue collecting, with a very conservative mix of SS and XM 1/4 pieces
nbr3bagshotrow can attest to how many bowens i have been acquiring over the past years
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #76
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderz View Post
its remarkable how well prices have held for most bowen pieces on the aftermarket, considering the onslaught of 1/4 statues from companies aside from SS (XM,P1, IA etc..)
i have seen some collectors liquidating 1/6 bowens on the premise of shifting their attention to the 1/4 initially during the same period XM starting gaining traction, due to more details, but that 1/4 market is slowly gaining momentum to become a bubble ready to be burst due to market saturation and reducing display space.
even XM has already fallen prey to the competion in the aftermarket pricing within the Southeast Asia market, despite XM origins being in Singapore
i myself focus on acquiring bowen pieces (sadly on aftermarket prices), but i dont see myself selling them off as they will still remain a focal point of my statue collecting, with a very conservative mix of SS and XM 1/4 pieces
nbr3bagshotrow can attest to how many bowens i have been acquiring over the past years
1/4 pieces are nice but I basically collect only my most favorite characters in that scale. I have to because space gets tight real quick with 1/4 statues. I also have many Bowen statues. At that scale, I can complete my most favorite lineups and buy just about any character that interests me. I love my BD pieces and will not sell them to make room for 1/4 statues. I'll limit my 1/4 purchases before I ever sell of my 1/6 scale collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #77
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
1/4 pieces are nice but I basically collect only my most favorite characters in that scale. I have to because space gets tight real quick with 1/4 statues. I also have many Bowen statues. At that scale, I can complete my most favorite lineups and buy just about any character that interests me. I love my BD pieces and will not sell them to make room for 1/4 statues. I'll limit my 1/4 purchases before I ever sell of my 1/6 scale collection.
Ditto, I am only looking to complete the Justice League in 1/4 scale. Other than that I still add to my 1/6 scale (statues and Hot Toys).
Old 08-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #78
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd consider that Hellboy a Grail. Something I'd love to own but likely never will.
If you're interested, I know someone selling theirs for $385 + shipping. Might be able to bring it down in price too. Not sure if that's a good price or not...what does it go for?
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #79
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
If you're interested, I know someone selling theirs for $385 + shipping. Might be able to bring it down in price too. Not sure if that's a good price or not...what does it go for?
I appreciate you looking out. I actually stopped paying attention to it's aftermarket value a while back and so few go up for sale anyway that I have no idea what it currently pulls. If I had the spare cash I'd definitely consider snagging your buddie's statue. Unfortunately a kitchen remodel has my funds tied up at the moment.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #80
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I appreciate you looking out. I actually stopped paying attention to it's aftermarket value a while back and so few go up for sale anyway that I have no idea what it currently pulls. If I had the spare cash I'd definitely consider snagging your buddie's statue. Unfortunately a kitchen remodel has my funds tied up at the moment.
No worries, just trying to help. Crazy, just saw one on eBay for over $800!? Is this really worth it? I might pick it up now...lol! Get it signed by Mignola too!
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote