Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #1011
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
All the in hand pictures look great so I went ahead and pulled the trigger while they still had the EX available...

The plus side of waiting is when you do buy it they have it in stock
Fantastic and congrats! You're going to love her - she along with Rogue are complete masterpieces and maybe Sideshow's best work ever...
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #1012
Y3E
Gen 13

Just opened this and wow, just beautiful. Another homerun for SS. Normally, I find opened mouth female portraits don't look good but this one looks great.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:39 AM   #1013
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
She just arrived. Waiting for hubby to come home before opening it though. Really holding my breath and hoping there aren't any issues as we just paid 200€ on import fees
It's not just the increasing product and shipping prices that is forcing us out of this hobby... Big huzzah for companies with European warehouses...
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #1014
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

So... Just unboxed. Mostly good, but...

Anyone have issues with...

- the hair not being fully glued on the sides?

- very, very sloppy, see-through yellow paint on legs?

- or her leg rotating up/down about 30 degrees when inserted?

Ordered this to recover from Emma Frost. Heard nothing but great things and am pretty annoyed that I've got to do paint correction...QC fail again!! Ahhh! Lol

Other than that and overall body paint issues, she looks "fine."

Edit, oh... And her left arm isn't fully inserting...
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #1015
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wow, that the first defective X-23 I've heard someone talk about on the board. Tough break Agent J. Warren, I would contact Sideshow for a replacement.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #1016
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^That sucks. Sounds like a replacement request.

I haven't put mine together yet, but took a look at it. The ex has the sideburn issue...not glued to the face. Outside of that and a couple minor paint issues it looks great. I'll see how it fits together in a couple days.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #1017
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
^That sucks. Sounds like a replacement request.

I haven't put mine together yet, but took a look at it. The ex has the sideburn issue...not glued to the face. Outside of that and a couple minor paint issues it looks great. I'll see how it fits together in a couple days.
Does your yellow paint look splotchy, dirty, and discolored at all? I'm trying to figure out if it is an issue caused by heat during transit or just bad application. I also noticed that the paint on her hands is really bad/thin, and one of her claws has glue around the knuckle.

Please let me know how it goes. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #1018
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Wow, that the first defective X-23 I've heard someone talk about on the board. Tough break Agent J. Warren, I would contact Sideshow for a replacement.
The more I look at it, the more it looks like a piece that's been assembled from returns. The art box lips were torn and there were several layers of tape around the styrofoam box. The base paint and portraits are painted to perfection. But the body and hands have dark blue paint splatter from the airbrush all over the yellow areas and are very thin. I also noticed that her arm is actually chipped and repainted in one area.

Done looking at her for the night, because this just ticks me off. I honestly think it's a Frankenstein shipment from salvageable parts...

EDIT: Was able to fix the arm at least

Finally finished paint and glue repair. Looks pretty good now. Only thing left is to build up the key hole, but I've just got some foam in there for now. I want to pester them for a credit, but I just expect sh-- QC from Sideshow at this point. Anything more is just a luck, and a very good day.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #1019
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just received mine today and overall I am really impressed. So far I haven't found any QC issues yet. The only thing I don't like about it is the size of X23's body. I realize she is a teen but at times the size of her reminds me of a 6th scale figure. That just may be due to the way her longs are positioned.

EDIT: I did find some of the glue marks around the claws as others have reported.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #1020
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldis View Post
Just received mine today and overall I am really impressed. So far I haven't found any QC issues yet. The only thing I don't like about it is the size of X23's body. I realize she is a teen but at times the size of her reminds me of a 6th scale figure. That just may be due to the way her longs are positioned.

EDIT: I did find some of the glue marks around the claws as others have reported.
I agree completely with regards to size. She may be a teen, but she looks in her mid 20's and her size looks smaller than 1/4 scale, possibly 1/5 scale.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote