adee
Green Arrow

My guess is I'll like Rogue most and not want to pay the maq tax lol
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #32
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

I've been holding out for this statue, but they need to nail a couple things. I'm fine if the outfit is black and gold because that's reminiscent of her Target X costume, plus her New Wolvierine, and classic black (an amalgam basically).

I think the hair is the issue. I don't trust this photo right now. It's too hard to see how the hair flows or layers. However, if this is fairly accurate, and there's no alt portrait to offset it, we have an issue.

Funny, this is the second PF this week where I've talked about the hair bothering me
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
I've been holding out for this statue, but they need to nail a couple things. I'm fine if the outfit is black and gold because that's reminiscent of her Target X costume, plus her New Wolvierine, and classic black.

I think the hair is the issue. I don't trust this photo right now. It's too hard to see how the hair flows or layers.

However, if this is fairly accurate, and there's no alt portrait to offset it, we have an issue.

Funny, this is the second PF this week where I've talked about the hair bothering me
What was the first?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #34
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Emma is everything in this line and the must have.....
I thought the same too until i saw the base, the shoes and the ex portrait. Tempered my hype significantly. She went from a must have to a maybe.

The only thing keeping her in the running for me is that it will probably take a while before we see another Emma. I hear XM might be working on one too.

I think wolverine is by far the best wolverine i have seen. The es is the only thing that's keeping me from buying it directly from sideshow, but I will pick him up for sure down the line ...unless something better comes along.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #35
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
What was the first?
The Ex. Supergirl with short hair. I started a wildfire when I made my first comment. Great portrait, but the short hair wasn't for me.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #36
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Great midsection but no interest. Looks like an angry aerobics instructor. "I said lunges muthafuhkas!"

Now if they did a piece based on this art....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

she kind of has that Bride of Frankenstein hair going on...

They probably should of had the hair flowing backwards slightly up instead of 100% straight up... I need to see more pictures to decide if I'll add her to my X-Men collection or not..

So far the only SS one I might get is Rogue but I need more pictures of her also...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #38
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Black and grey outfit would be an easier buy for me. If it's blue and yellow then it's going to have to blow me away.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #39
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

It could be black and yellow. That's what I thought it was when I first saw the teaser.

Also, we can't really say that's yellow. Her skin tone looks closer to thanos'. Cranking the brightness to max might not be the best indicator of the actual colours.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #40
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'm not having a problem with the hair (yet). For me it's a little more general.

For what looks like such a dynamic pose, the composition from this prime, head on display angle looks too static for me. It's basically a cross.

A few degrees either way might make it come across more viscerally- or it might not.

Mostly it looks like a big pass for me.

Amazing that with the roster of talent SS now has, I haven't been enchanted with one of these X-men ladies yet.

Just as well, I guess. Space and money are now a big issue. It's going to be hard enough scraping together both just to get the few pieces I am interested in from here on out. And with Tweeterhead now pumping out DC stuff consistently...
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote