Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #61
qz33
Rescue

^YES. Any chance of a larger scale Mr. Ho?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #62
Weiworks
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I really really love this. One of the greatest of all time for statues of a female.

How come, at least from the pictures and on my actual piece, the eye shadow is so different from the prototype pics no your website? On mine it is really really dark. I looked at these pics and they seem to be teh same. Maybe the factory just got a little paint happy?

Without all the eye shadow, she really looks a lot like Amber Heard to me. Don't take that as a negative remark! It is awesome!
There are some variations in the paint which is to be expected. But the dark eyes were intentional. Yamato is usually pretty good at making faces so it's was their call. And I think it worked out well. It adds a more mystical feel to the figure, which was my original intention.

-Wei
Sexy Drawings | Sexy Statues
How to Draw Tutorials
Weiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #63
Weiworks

Quote:
^YES. Any chance of a larger scale Mr. Ho?
1/4, hmm...not sure. The original model that I've built might not have enough details for a 1/4 scale. Though I assume the factory can add details to compensate.

Personally, and as an online seller as well, I don't like 1/4 scales. It's hard to store and ship, and it takes up so much space to display. But a nice 1/4 scale statue is very impressive.

I'll have to see what Yamato wants to do. I'm knee deep into my next statue, which is the Red Assassin. I should probably get some pics up here.

Thanks,
-Wei
How to Draw Tutorials
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #64
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiworks View Post
There are some variations in the paint which is to be expected. But the dark eyes were intentional. Yamato is usually pretty good at making faces so it's was their call. And I think it worked out well. It adds a more mystical feel to the figure, which was my original intention.

-Wei
Thanks for responding

Do you know if they will do the same with the web exclusive?

I intend to get it to go with the one I have now and would like to have a version that looks like the pics on your website. Even the first impression pics you put on your website have far less eye shadow. It just takes away from the face sculpt to me. Please don't take this issue as a complaint on your awesome statue!

If the figures are compatible I intend to display them switched with the blue ahem, "dress" with the green dragon and so on.

I will probably get the Red Assassin too. 1/4 should really only be for the best figures and I would definitely get one if it is made.

Please keep doing these! At least with this one do you personally get the feeling that you really knocked it out of the park? I often wonder if artists can set back and enjoy what they make as much as the rest of us do or if the design takes some of the joy to behold.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #65
Weiworks

Quote:
Thanks for responding

Do you know if they will do the same with the web exclusive?

I intend to get it to go with the one I have now and would like to have a version that looks like the pics on your website. Even the first impression pics you put on your website have far less eye shadow. It just takes away from the face sculpt to me. Please don't take this issue as a complaint on your awesome statue!

If the figures are compatible I intend to display them switched with the blue ahem, "dress" with the green dragon and so on.

I will probably get the Red Assassin too. 1/4 should really only be for the best figures and I would definitely get one if it is made.

Please keep doing these! At least with this one do you personally get the feeling that you really knocked it out of the park? I often wonder if artists can set back and enjoy what they make as much as the rest of us do or if the design takes some of the joy to behold.
I'm not sure what they will do with the Web version. The skin color on the Web version is lighter, so even if they do paint the eyes dark, it probably won't be as dark.

It looks like the Web version is coming out soon. I've just been notified by Yamato of the shipment. Should be here this month or next.

If you want one, you can get it directly from me, and I can sign it too if you like. Just look me up on my blog (artofwei.com) as I'll post as soon as I get it. Or just email me, weiho@dslextreme.com.

It took me a long time to model this thing, not so much the modeling, but the design of it. The modeling is the easy part, designing it and making it look sexy is another thing=).

Thanks,
-Wei
How to Draw Tutorials
Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #66
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
Great work. I ordered the exclusive version.
where's this one at?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #67
blueyell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
where's this one at?
http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/1115

or email Wei and get it directly from him plus with his signature.
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #68
Weiworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyell View Post
http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/1115

or email Wei and get it directly from him plus with his signature.
Thanks blueyell, beat me to it=).

I should have this soon. I've already been notified by Yamato of the shipment.

Thanks,
-Wei
How to Draw Tutorials
Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #69
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Damn thats all kinds of sexy!!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #70
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Anyone bought the statue and have pictures to share? I would like to see in-hand pictures before considering ordering one.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote