Birds of Prey

right on!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #22
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post

But Hot Toys you saved us $1500 with Mark I.. now it's time to save us another $1200 with the re-release of Billie Jean

Then, not only will I buy a drink, but I will buy a meal on you this weekend too.. perhaps lobster

Thanks Hot Toys
Hahaha. That Billie Jean sculpt is pretty poor compared to most HT's efforts. I am sure we will see the Mowtown 25 and video version of MJ preforming Billie Jean. I am equally certain that that we will get a HIStory tour version if not a SCREAM video MJ if it is the time period you are after.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #23
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Hahaha. That Billie Jean sculpt is pretty poor compared to most HT's efforts. I am sure we will see the Mowtown 25 and video version of MJ preforming Billie Jean. I am equally certain that that we will get a HIStory tour version if not a SCREAM video MJ if it is the time period you are after.
I hope you're right man.. I love MJ.. at the (pre-order) time the HT HIStoury Billie Jean came out, I actually had it on my (mental) short-list, but 1 or 2 other pieces took priority, I was about 1 purchase away from it.. and by the time I was about to get it, the tragedy happened.. and then i waited a few more weeks because I thought ppl were just trying to make money off of his death (so to speak), and thought the bottom would drop, but of course that didn't happen - it only went up, and is now 1 of the rarest Hot Toys available.. and do I want to buy one for $1400 only to risk it not coming perfect? That doesn't sound much fun to me..

To think it was going on ebay for $115-

of course, lesson learnt, I haven't messed around with any of the other MJ releases, I got them as soon as they went up for PO.. of course none of them will have the small ES that Billie Jean had.. but 'Bad' and 'Beat It' are keepers

but what ure saying makes sense.. I can see them releasing a Motown Billie Jean, and that would of course be more iconic.. and I do hope they release another HIStoury version of MJ of some sort, i'd also love 1 from that period
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote